• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Edition XS

Andrez

Hey I'm back with new EDXS problems.. The audio cuts out pretty often in my left ear. I noticed it especially when I move my arms and move/raise the cable with my elbow. Do you think it could be fixed with a new cable? I still think it might be the cause of the big tug I gave it by mistake time ago, that made the left ear cable come off. I'm worried it could be the socket in the pad instead of the cable, and I'm not sure how I would be able to fix that (no official warranty)

Thanks..

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey I'm back with new EDXS problems.. The audio cuts out pretty often in my left ear. I noticed it especially when I move my arms and move/raise the cable with my elbow. Do you think it could be fixed with a new cable? I still think it might be the cause of the big tug I gave it by mistake time ago, that made the left ear cable come off. I'm worried it could be the socket in the pad instead of the cable, and I'm not sure how I would be able to fix that (no official warranty)

Thanks..
If the right channel works fine, to test your existing cable, just swap the ends. connect the red to left side and vice versa. If the right ear starts to falter, then it is your cable.
If not, it is the socket, or worse! there is an issue with the driver.
Good luck.

Andrez

If the right channel works fine, to test your existing cable, just swap the ends. connect the red to left side and vice versa. If the right ear starts to falter, then it is your cable.
If not, it is the socket, or worse! there is an issue with the driver.
Good luck.
Ok I think I tried it already and it was still on the left.. I will try again later today.
What would be a solution in this case? Having bought them new (but not from an official Hifiman retailer)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Contact the seller.
When they do not react try the importer.
When they don't want to play contact hifiman directly.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Contact the seller.
When they do not react try the importer.
When they don't want to play contact hifiman directly.
Hifiman, did have a less than stellar reputation when it came to support, but honestly they are OK.
They will try to help, if they can.
BTW, the socket can be replaced easily by a technician, if it is the socket.
If it is the driver, Hifiman support are the only people. They are sealed units, and can not be opened for repair.

BHazard

Hifiman repaired my out of warranty XS for $120. When I received it back, it was a brand new one.
Contact their support and see what they can do.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifiman repaired my out of warranty XS for $120. When I received it back, it was a brand new one.
Contact their support and see what they can do.
So to be clear, you received a brand new different headphone, it wasn't the same unit that you sent in?

nameless13th

It's probably user error ... But does anyone have the oratory1990 eq settings for edition xs? I keep seeing a dropbox link that says file deleted.

Top Bottom