• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Edition XS unbalanced channels

Puzzle

I bought an open box Edition XS from its certified seller, and as soon as I got it, I found it has noticeable difference on sound level for left and right channel, anyone have same issue? I see some guys from reddit or other posts said Hifiman has really shit QC and I fortunately didn't meet it on my HE560 V3, but meet it on Edition XS. I hope at lease they have good warranty, anyone has experience about it?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First try reversing the cables to narrow it down. It might be just that.

OP
Puzzle

Puzzle

First try reversing the cables to narrow it down. It might be just that.
tried that, left ear is still louder. I also tried it with my own balanced cable and reversed it, problem still exist.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had my Edition XX apart, I'd send it back because it's either the connector where the wire is soldered to it which can come loose, the connector (if the plug feels loose when inserted) or the driver itself. This is a working driver and if anything is damaged it might be obvious. The only place I know that repairs them is Vesper Audio. Hifiman will offer a discount on a new one, so if they advertised it as working, send it back and let them deal with it.

PXL_20220824_152105052.jpg

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Avoid Hifiman.. QC is crap even on their expensive headphones. .

Top Bottom