• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Audivina arrived today

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just arrived, haven't had a chance to open the Zero Red yet. I'm on the loaner program for 2 weeks so I'll be using these exclusively with the same SMSL SU-8s and SP200 just for consistency. They're easy to power, in low gain mode I would never go above 50 percent volume. I have to desire to EQ anything, the closest thing is just quality of sound I have is the Sennheiser IE600 and these just sound like a closed back version of those IEM's. They are big and bulky but not heavy feeling (1lb 1 oz without cable on my postal scale). I recently had the Heddphone and Auduze LCD-GX, this smokes those in every category. I'd never trade these for either of them. For value for money, it's not great. If someone has this kind of money and wants closed back privacy, yeah sure. It's going to be a narrow market at this price point. I use a Truthear Zero (blue) for daily drivers, and just got the red ones in at the same time these arrived. The blue is the value for the money award winner by a huge margin. If anyone has questions or wants specific photo angles, let me know. I need to wear them for a day to see how weight really factors in, also going to run the gauntlet of music genre's and do a deep dive into Destiny 2 to see how they do.

PXL_20230609_160820833.jpg

Top Bottom