• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifi simple set for TV

JanBohac

Hello members,
I am searching for solution to my problem with poor audio output from Samsung Smart TV and maybe you will know, or recommend.

I need to send signal through optical cable from tv to amplifier and then to speakers. And I would also like to have that amplifier to have headphone output - if possible.
I just can not find anything usable in price range to 250,- EUR. My budget is 400,- EUR and I need rest of the money for speakers.

I have considered Topping MX3, but according to you reviews, it performs poorly. Could it be any other alternative ? Maybe You will recommend ultimatelly something different.

Jan

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The topping mx3 performance is likely lacking with lossless audio. But what are you going to be playing from a TV? Likely not lossless audio. With your total budget being what it is, you should be using the majority of it on speakers anyway.

As for alternatives, the well reviewed JBL lsr305 are self powered, so you don't need an amp. Even at retail price they leave budget for a DAC, and you can find them half off on black Friday. Their only weakness, the hissing will likely be inaudible at TV viewing distances.

OP
J

JanBohac

The topping mx3 performance is likely lacking with lossless audio. But what are you going to be playing from a TV? Likely not lossless audio. With your total budget being what it is, you should be using the majority of it on speakers anyway.

As for alternatives, the well reviewed JBL lsr305 are self powered, so you don't need an amp. Even at retail price they leave budget for a DAC, and you can find them half off on black Friday. Their only weakness, the hissing will likely be inaudible at TV viewing distances.

I was wondering, if I can use Tidal app on TV for lossless audio, but I can always buy better standalone headphone amp and use it with smartphone. Thanks ! Will look on JBLs

OP
J

JanBohac

I am not experienced with this, but i am just wondering, would not it be bad performace, if signal is not ified on the end of a line, like with TV - > digital out - > amplifier - > repro ?

bigx5murf

You could just use analog outputs from your tv directly into a pair of powered speakers. No idea how good your TV dac is. Maybe run that eat for awhile so you can save, or research more.

OP
J

JanBohac

You could just use analog outputs from your tv directly into a pair of powered speakers. No idea how good your TV dac is. Maybe run that eat for awhile so you can save, or research more.

I just checked TV outputs and it does not have analog out, the only option that remains is digital out. Then of course external DAC is only possibility

bigx5murf

I just checked TV outputs and it does not have analog out, the only option that remains is digital out. Then of course external DAC is only possibility

Maybe look into SMSL m100? It's still within budget with the JBL LSR305, and I believe it comes with a remote.

Top Bottom