• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HiFi or not HiFi? That is the question!

DanielT

Major Contributor
I know them. I bought two blank boards :)
But:
1. it's not better than my own DIY (ground loop is not optimized)
2. because of Brexit, I paid half the price for custom taxes :(
Aha, interesting.

You may have already thought about this: MiniDSP? Crossover plus set EQ, which you basically always need to do with subwoffer.:)

Note #4 in the thread.

Edit:
Plus a measuring microphone to do EQ setting (if you do not already have a measuring microphone). For example:

Maybe too much gadgets for your solution? Depends on what level you want to put it on.:)

Last edited:
OP
Larudakote

Larudakote

You may have already thought about this: MiniDSP?
Of course! I used 2x4 for friends systems and a discontinued Nano AVR HD for my main system (which replaced a MiniDSP 2x8). I still have an amazing 2x4 HD in my drawer.
But, you know, make my own complete DIY system in a box is a goal... until hiss & hum will knock me down ;)
If I fail, I know what to do with the unused MiniDSP 2x4 HD!

Plus a measuring microphone to do EQ setting
I have it too with REW software.
A disaster in my bad shape living room. But my 56 ears become more tolerant! Unlike my children's ears, which I trained in sound.

gnat_leader

The make or break for a Class-D amplifier is the output filter. Some of the really cheap ones use little bobbin style inductors that have rather high series resistance and do not carry output currents well at high volumes. Others use dirt cheap capacitors that really don't do the job of taking down the high frequency pulse chain, allowing it to leak into the speakers. So be sure you're looking at quality parts in the output filters...
what is a "high frequency pulse chain"?

Top Bottom