• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HiFi News review the Kii Three loudspeaker

tomeh

Is that your current setup? If so, I am not sure you will be happy with Kiis. They play as smaller source point/bookshelf type speaker. I suspect yours throw a very tall image which it won't have.

The major objective is excellent imaging, low distortion and confidence in the true bass content for mixing and mastering. Lower room reflections help imaging, avoiding driver higher distortion areas (xover points choices and integrating drivers) and limiting driver excursion (spreading energy over multiple drivers), and limiting bass energy on room dependent modes all help. If executed properly, by the time all of the wave launches integrate at my head sitting in the sweet spot I shouldn't be able to tell how tall a solid image is without standing up or sitting on the floor. I prefer the comfortable chair. ;-) Cheers, Tom eh

tomeh

Happy New year. I managed to listen to the Kii Audio combination of Three's with BXT's I believe they call them.
I wasn't disappointed and the overall result is very impressive. An average hotel room at the Toronto Audio Show sounded excellent with these.

My system is about as custom as one could get to obtain similar results in one room (my studio). The Kii audio system can achieve this with minor changes in user adjustments, in any room. And all the while including amps, DSP (with all of it's programming), digital and analog inputs, and a convenient control.

My system has a huge rack for DSP's, multiple amps, a preamp to select sources and control volume and several sets of cables between components and between several amps and speakers.

I am very impressed after listening to the results, looking at the efficiency of packaging the system, the minimal footprint within the room, the adaptability to different rooms, the completeness of the system (I/O types, selection and standards) and the visual appearance.

Once again, if I had the budget, I would have three sets.

Tom eh

Top Bottom