• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

hifi-express.com

youdogsgit

Does anyone have any experience with hifi-express.com? I placed an order over a week ago and they will not respond to any of my email/chat asking for a tracking number. They got back to me right away when I asked a question about a purchase. I got the automated reply with no tracking number, they charged my card, then no response to several requests for a tracking number. Hoping someone here has had a decent experience with them.

reverbel

Forum Donor
My experience with hifi-express.com: ordered a Loxjie D30 DAC/amp on May 2. On the following day I wrote them asking for a tracking number. Got a reply (but still no tracking number) on May 5. Received the tracking number on May 6. Product was delivered on May 12.

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ordered something from them like almost 2 years ago so no idea how it currently goes but then it was no problem.
Placed the order and got the confirmation mail with tracking number almost immediately.
Delivery was a bit odd though. Was tracking the package of course and after 2 days nothing was happening anymore, no status update, package "stuck" in facility. After 3 days of that I started to get worried bit suddenly the package was at the door without the status ever being updated.

In the end it was delivered 5 days after ordering so I'd say my experience was pretty positive.

OP
Y

youdogsgit

Thanks for the info. They did ship the amp and it's on it's way. They did also get back to me after several days.

snooksy

I purchased a Loxjie D30 from them in July 2021. It's now mid September and delivery and no progress. Hi-fi Express have not sent the item and hardly responded to my emails. I send 3 emails then I get a brief one or two line response. This is not a way to treat a paying customer. Hi-fi express are really difficult to deal with. Extremely bad customer service. In my case they are happy just to steal my money. When I ordered the item which was listed in stock they sent a confirmation email without a valid tracking number. They have since told me the problem was due to EU customs. Seems like the problem should be their problem and just send me the item I ordered and paid for. I'm in Australia and purchased a Chinese made product. If you have problems with EU customs then don't involve the EU. I recommend potential customer don't use the site.

Last edited:

dguillor

Forum Donor
I also had a troubling experience with Hi-Fi Express, with long delivery time and poor communications. I won’t use them again.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have ordered twice from hifi-express.com and both items were delivered within a week of order. Hopefully it's a one off situation and not a repeatitive thing

VincentxTJS

I just had a bad experience with hifi-express.com:

I made an order for SMSL SAP-1 220V from China to Singapore and received a wrong 110V version after 2 weeks. I've contacted their customer service asking for a replacement unit and their reply was to advise me to buy a voltage converter and they will cover the cost. They also said in their reply that they wish to resolve the matter in the lowest cost possible for the benefit of all parties without needing to ship the unit back to them, even though it is their error to begin with. I've responded to them saying that the cost of shipping the wrong unit back to them should not be my concern as a paying customer, and yet they still insist in sending a voltage converter to me instead.

Now that I have bought a voltage converter to finally test the unit and found the unit to be faulty, probably due to my first attempt to power it without a voltage converter because I did not double check for the wrong voltage that I received. I've informed them of the situation along with the receipt of the voltage converter and asked them for a replacement unit again.

I have not heard from them ever since. I now have an expensive paper weight and a voltage converter that may not be used ever again, along with an lesson to never buy anything from them ever again.

Wimv

It's not all that bad...
I ordered a Loxjie D50 from EU warehouse on Jan 23, 2022. Confirmation mail of my order came with a very disturbing spam warning of my provider. That didn't sound very reliable. No communication afer that, but on Jan 27 ,2022 I received a message that the item was out of stock in EU warehouse followed by a refund message. The refund was done on that same day. They also indicated me that this D50 was out of production. Probably the last AK4499 used. I changed my mind towards the Loxjie D40, ordered on Thursday Jan 27, 2022. Received confirmation mail, again with spam warning. Didn't receive a tracking code but the package was delivered on Sunday Jan 30, 2022. Fast enough for me. They use Amazon services.
The D40 itself... I didn't have the opportunity to try it yet but the feel and the looks of the product are really nice.

CauliflowerEars

It's not all that bad...
I ordered a Loxjie D50 from EU warehouse on Jan 23, 2022. Confirmation mail of my order came with a very disturbing spam warning of my provider. That didn't sound very reliable. No communication afer that, but on Jan 27 ,2022 I received a message that the item was out of stock in EU warehouse followed by a refund message. The refund was done on that same day. They also indicated me that this D50 was out of production. Probably the last AK4499 used. I changed my mind towards the Loxjie D40, ordered on Thursday Jan 27, 2022. Received confirmation mail, again with spam warning. Didn't receive a tracking code but the package was delivered on Sunday Jan 30, 2022. Fast enough for me. They use Amazon services.
The D40 itself... I didn't have the opportunity to try it yet but the feel and the looks of the product are really nice.
Do you guys know any other similar EU websites with good prices?
Was hoping for some Topping gear, but hifi-express.com doesn't offer any ...

Solveit

Also got no respons from them only two dayes now but an confirmation mail should they send out.
And they refuse to answer anything in chat or mail.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Has worked fine but never had to deal with warranties etc

DTTOM37

I provided my experience with them here:
Nothing to write home about ...

Solveit

I provided my experience with them here:
Nothing to write home about ...
How dit it turned out?
Did you get it and how long took it?

DTTOM37

How dit it turned out?
Did you get it and how long took it?
Kind of drama ...
I tried to cancel the envoy from China, because I particularly order the item announced as shipping from an European Warehouse.
They told me it's not in their hands to interrupt the pocess.
I opposed the reception of the parcel.
The contacted me to ask me instantly if I could accept the package and resend it to an European warehouse, because they had no means to access it in the French transit warehouse of La Poste.
I catched Covid (2nd day of my holidays) and discussed the whereabouts of the parcel when struck down to bed with high fever ...
Finally - after I received the parcel a 2nd time after my holidays - I negotiated with HE to keep the command with a 25% discount.
I wasn't very happy about that, because my initial intent was somehow blown up, However the item had already been in France, in my hands and after all that involvement I surpressed my consciousness and took the bait.
The product itself works flawless and I am impressed by its quality and performance.
The next SMSL product I have bought from Audiophonics.fr (+15 Euro in comparison) to avoid dealing with HE ever again.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
the 'problem' i have is that smsl and topping i think somehow delegate "Product A" to go to shenzen audio only, "Product B" go to hifiexpress only... so this is kind of a crappy situation... I think these guys are really all related anyway and you are given the illusion of choice, or lack of choice or whatever nonsense system these guys have come up with... I havent had any bad experiences but I know these guys will suddenly disappear when you need some resolution which I am completely not surprised by.

Solveit

Just an update, I contacted SMSL support and got tracking number very quick.
Today I got it, took 14 days, no problem for me when I saved $40 ( to Sweden) instead of order it at the "other" place in EU.
Sounds very good, run it coax input and balanced output to Topping Pa3s.
SMSL M300 SE.

Last edited:

lazaro

Ordered the SMSL AL200 from them yesterday, selected the France warehouse (since I'm in Portugal) and received the tracking number today saying its being shipped from China. I've just sent them an email requesting clarification. Let's see if they've payed the tax and customs fees...

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
do these people do the el dodgy where they ship first to France (ie. the EU depot) and then onship to Portugal... sure it takes more time but by doing this they can dodge EU fees... i mean this how an EU based company i worked for did things...

lazaro

They've actually replied quickly, informing me that they were out of stock in the French warehouse and decided to send it from the chinese warehouse, with tax and customs expenses pre-payed. Let's see how it goes...

Top Bottom