• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs s9 vs E1DA 9038D?

ETTFoR

Hello I have a xiaomi redmi note 8 phone, I am looking for a dac that I can use with a maximum price of 100 dollars compatible with the phone.
I'm stuck between these two dac, which one would you recommend, if you have any other $ 100 max dac suggestions please tell me

Last edited:

ScofieldKid

Option #1 Apple USB-C Dongle... Option #2 spend the money on a new phone... Option #3 spend the money on BT Headphones. I don't think we have seen an S9 test here yet...

OP
E

ETTFoR

Option #1 Apple USB-C Dongle... Option #2 spend the money on a new phone... Option #3 spend the money on BT Headphones. I don't think we have seen an S9 test here yet...
Sorry, there is a misunderstanding, I made a typo, updated the topic again.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The S9 on paper is very good, buuut there are some QC issues where some units are faulty, with stuttering. It has happened to me. Hidizs will send me a new one.

Wex

Although this is already an old thread, I am very curious about owners who have been able to personally compare these models. (Or S8 for that matter)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Although this is already an old thread, I am very curious about owners who have been able to personally compare these models. (Or S8 for that matter)

Unless power consumption is an issue, the 9038D wipes the floor with the S8 (cant speak for the s9) in every way on paper. But its twice the price. Sound wise, Im not sure many could tell if levels were matched.

Top Bottom