• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs S9 Pro release

urfaust

I checked yesterday and it wasn't available. Now it is:
https://www.hidizs.net/products/hidizs-s9-pro-balanced-single-ended-mini-hifi-dac-amp

6884c75202ca93ea9c60b982ff53b23e_1080x.png

This one has to get measurements for sure

OP
urfaust

urfaust

It's a preorder availability, right ?
It's awaiting shipping, im guessing June. I ordered one, 80e in Europe for launch price so why not. Will see if it's a bit better than the S9 or not (specs suggest so)

0RF30

It's awaiting shipping, im guessing June. I ordered one, 80e in Europe for launch price so why not. Will see if it's a bit better than the S9 or not (specs suggest so)

Ok. Do you know if they ship same way than their aliexpress store ? Did you ask about fees for Europe ?

MarylandUSA

Alas, no physical volume controls.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it possible to connect the Hidizs s9 pro from pc with win 10 to integrated amplifier as a stand alone dac? Will The volume be low?​
Yes, and no, should have full 2v output at max. Most of these dongles perform best with volume just a dB or 2 below full output. A cheap amazon basics 3.5mm to rca will sort you out.

mash

I received mine yesterday (I purchased via the pre-sale). A couple of comments:

I'm using it as part of my portable rig (iphone 12 pro->Hidizs unbalanced->Audeze Sine HPs). After adding a OTG cable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WQ1LY5D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) the setup is working great. I had been using an older portable oppo dac/amp. The S9 based solution works much better....better sound and don't need to worry about battery life on the DAC.

I do have to set my iphone volume close to max to get the type of volume that I like but I tend to listen at a fairly loud level.

For computer setups......the unit does come with a USB-C to USB-C cable and a USB-C to USB-A adapter. The combinaiton of those two parts will let you connect the s9 to computers with USB-A ports (I haven't tested this setup yet). As Jimbo54 pointed out, you will need an adapter cable if you want to connect the S9 to an amp/pre-amp. One other option (over the 3.5 to RCA cable) that I think you could consider would be a balanced 2.5 to balanced stereo connector cable and connect through the S9 balanced output. Those cables are more pricey but would offer some performance benefits including more output power.

Reactions: Roy

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you hear static/interference through the headphones when it’s connected to a mobile phone receiving cellular data? The previous version had that problem.

mash

So far, I've only tested it while streaming Tidal and Spotify. Nothing else was happening on the phone while listening. In these scenarios, sound is clear and strong with nice quiet/black background. Was there a specific scenario that you were looking to verify?

I should add that I tried that both over my local lan and via cellular....although the cellular test was only for a few songs.

0RF30

So far, I've only tested it while streaming Tidal and Spotify. Nothing else was happening on the phone while listening. In these scenarios, sound is clear and strong with nice quiet/black background. Was there a specific scenario that you were looking to verify?

I should add that I tried that both over my local lan and via cellular....although the cellular test was only for a few songs.

It was a major issue of the AKM version, so I assume they addressed it. If you put the device against your phone and don't get interference in sound while streaming/heavy data transfers, (cellular, not wifi) should be good. Maybe report back in few days if you still haven't experienced any issue.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It was a major issue of the AKM version, so I assume they addressed it. If you put the device against your phone and don't get interference in sound while streaming/heavy data transfers, (cellular, not wifi) should be good. Maybe report back in few days if you still haven't experienced any issue.
I also think a lot of these interference issues are network /region /device dependant. So me not experiencing it (for eg on the Meizu dongles) doesn't mean someone across the world won't. I only ever got it when my phone dropped from 4g to 3g network in some places.

0RF30

Interesting to point out.

On my side, I almost never have data enabled (wifi or nothing), but still, sometimes got interference with apps for which you cannot disable data communication.

mash

I'll try a couple of things and report back but I typically use the rig for traveling and I'm not planning on doing any travel for the next few months.

Hi,

I have the Beyerdynamic dt177x go headphones and recently bought the S9 pro. Do you guys have any recommendations regarding a decent balanced cable to fit this dongle. Four-pin mini-XLR connection in the headphone end.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-bey...IwAXoECAUQAg&usg=AOvVaw2_Jv4g93I3EQY15VdvC9zi

Thanks.
Regards, Christian
You first need to modify the DT177X Go internal wiring for it to accept a balanced cable. This holds true for most headphones where the cable comes out of only one side. The procedure will also void the headphone's warranty.

Cofra

Really?

In that case I'll have to look into how to do that. Thanks.

Top Bottom