• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs S9 PRO Measurements (DAC Dongle)

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
JanesJr1, if you asking about 9038SG3 "stuttering" issue pls try to check our discord channel, there are many posts about that. Usually, Androids have no that(if this is not USB-C dust-related issue), only Windows and often with the Comtrue drivers only. Sometimes need to switch Off Windows USB suspend option rct.

JanesJr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
JanesJr1, if you asking about 9038SG3 "stuttering" issue pls try to check our discord channel, there are many posts about that. Usually, Androids have no that(if this is not USB-C dust-related issue), only Windows and often with the Comtrue drivers only. Sometimes need to switch Off Windows USB suspend option rct.
The discord site is requesting my email plus its password to verify it. Doesn't make sense to ask for or supply a confidential password!

Meanwhile I'm using the 9038sG3 on windows 11, using the generic Microsoft endpoint driver that the E!DA setup file installed for a driver. I've tried to switch modes; it seems like very low gain now, but when I unplug/plug I get either a single indicator light flash followed by nothing, or I get a slowly flashing light. From the G2 discussion on the web, what I need is the continuous light, which I cannot ever seem to produce.

staticV3

Master Contributor
After dealing with trolls and such who would just come back with a new throwaway account after I banned them, I decided that to join the discord server, you would have to have a Discord account with a verified email.
I'm sorry for the inconveniences that may cause, though I don't know what you mean by "Doesn't make sense to ask for or supply a confidential password!"

You just have to create an account like everywhere else.

JanesJr1

The discord site is requesting my email plus its password to verify it. Doesn't make sense to ask for or supply a confidential password!
After dealing with trolls and such who would just come back with a new throwaway account after I banned them, I decided that to join the discord server, you would have to have a Discord account with a verified email.
I'm sorry for the inconveniences that may cause, though I don't know what you mean by "Doesn't make sense to ask for or supply a confidential password!"

You just have to create an account like everywhere else.
Why would I supply the password on my microsoft account? Or is it asking me to create one ?(it doesn't say that).

A "discord server" is some kind of generic thing?

JanesJr1

Discord is a text, voice, and video chat service.
It's based on servers, kind of like telegram channels.
https://discord.com/

Here you can create an account: https://discord.com/register

I don't know what Microsoft stuff you're talking about.
I had no idea what the link led to, and it asked for my email address and password. My email is for a microsoft account. It seemed like a particularly obvious phishing expedition because I didn't know what it was or who sponsored it. Nevermind, I set up an account. Thanks.

ebslo

Forum Donor
your data is simply wrong, who did measure Meizu HiFi DAC correctly may confirm DR 130db(A) and THD+N -110-115db@1kHz (no-load).
It's not my data, it's from @amirm measurements here. It is, however, wrong as that is the Meizu HiFi DAC Pro but you referenced the Meizu HiFi DAC measured here which performs significantly worse: THD+N: -98dB, DNR: 96dB.

I've provided my sources, care to give yours?

Veri

Master Contributor
I had no idea what the link led to, and it asked for my email address and password. My email is for a microsoft account. It seemed like a particularly obvious phishing expedition because I didn't know what it was or who sponsored it. Nevermind, I set up an account. Thanks.
Must've been a mix up :) discord (the official site?) is definitely legit.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not my data, it's from @amirm measurements here. It is, however, wrong as that is the Meizu HiFi DAC Pro but you referenced the Meizu HiFi DAC measured here which performs significantly worse: THD+N: -98dB, DNR: 96dB.

I've provided my sources, care to give yours?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yup, just waiting for XLR and 3.5mm plugs to be delivered so that I can make appropriate cables :D
You and I are in the same boat mate ! ;)

If I may, and I think I speak for quite a few people... E1DA/ @IVX : Entire wiring for Cosmos drives people mad. Please sell your own cables !! :p

ebslo

Forum Donor
@ebslo here are mine:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...tive-to-the-meizu-hifi-pro.30802/post-1085671

Note that DR measurements were limited by my ADC. I'll revisit them once I have a better measurement setup.
Thanks guys. Do I interpret correctly then that the device can meet its specification under certain operating conditions, but is highly sensitive to power supply noise and possibly loading?

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you do a plot to show if it has the infamous ESS IMD 'hump' ?
I could or... cannot. Multitone can run SMPTE IMD Vs Level.

Hidizs S9 PRO:
IMD VS Level.png

You see quite a typical ESS Hump... Problem is that we don't know if it comes from either the DAC or the Cosmos ADC (or software itself, for that matter).

As an example, here is the Matrix Mini-i Pro 3, presumably not subjected to Hump...
IMD VS Level Cosmos.png

Yet, it still occurs... BTW, @IVX, @staticV3, did you try to replicate this in Multitone?

We talked about it there:

JanesJr1

Must've been a mix up :) discord (the official site?) is definitely legit.
No, it was my lack of familiarity with the site and over-reacting to the request to validate my email by providing what I thought was to be the existing email password rather than a password for a new account. I just habitually over-react to security situations because in my work I have confidential, regulated information on many individuals and am audited on my security practices.

bkdc

Forum Donor
I own this unit. Great little performer on the go. I pair them with 7Hz Timeless IEM and have no complaints. I wish the balanced connection were a female 4.4 instead of a 3.5 but I understand the size constraints of the unit. I’d accept a slightly larger form to get a 4.4 female.

Last edited:

Music1969

Major Contributor
You see quite a typical ESS Hump... Problem is that we don't know if it comes from either the DAC or the Cosmos ADC (or software itself, for that matter).

As an example, here is the Matrix Mini-i Pro 3, presumably not subjected to Hump..
Very good points.

Matrix data suggests hump comes from the Cosmos ESS ADC @IVX ?

@pkane and @mansr also see this hump with your Cosmos ADC? Measure a good low IMD non-ESS DAC?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'm looking into it right now.
One question: the unit that AP call "SMPTE ratio (dB)", is it synonymous to "IMD" in Multitone and "IMD DIN" in REW, or is it synonymous to TD+N?

If it's the former, then how come my $100 SG3 beats the D90SE by 20dB at -60dBFS Generator level?
InkedScreenshot 2022-05-20 013304_LI.jpg
SMPTE-Ratio-2.jpg

Top Bottom