• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs S9 PRO Measurements (DAC Dongle)

JanesJr1

Forum Donor
I'd like to listen to my Sennheiser HD660S from my phone with a dongle, preferably balanced. So I'm having doubts between this S9 Pro and the E1DA 9038Sg3.

What are the benefits between one another..? To me a benefit is with the S9 Pro is that I can listen to unbalanced headphones too.

PS. Can anyone reccomend me a nice working 2,5 to 4,4 mm cable/adapter?
I own both the 9038s G3 and the S9 Pro. Both are good, generally. In my case, I have occasional problems with the 9038 with it stopping and not re-starting for an unpredictable period. I have no idea why this occurs; it seems like a weird circuit-protection reaction or perhaps just a gremlin in my personal set up. I also have a subjective response that whenever I switch between the S9 Pro and the 9038s, the 9038 sounds "darker" or more closed in and the S9 more "open". I again have no idea why this should be, but I notice it every time I switch, even when I'm not even thinking about SQ at all. YMMV. Others have given 9038s good grades, but I have had a mixed experience. I still pull the 9038s out now and then but the S9 Pro is my standby: always works, flexible SE/Bal configuration, drives low impedance/high current DCA Noire headphones really well. I'm an S9 Pro fanboy by now.

Top Bottom