• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My buttons move a bit laterally but have a solid push and bounce back. May be manufacturing variance in the membrane height or thickness

Reckoner

Hello how are you. Could someone confirm if the Tempotec support email is this:

[email protected]
[email protected]

I sent them email but they never answered.

My two 2020 amps, Topping L30 and Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, one for change and one not working.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Outlook-Image.png
    thumbnail_Outlook-Image.png
    766.8 KB · Views: 264

TiborG

It works perfectly without stuttering even on DSD 256 via foo_dsd_asio. I think that as usual there is a problem with the operator and his equipment ...
But I wouldn't even try it on an anemic machine.

Attachments

• SONATA HD Pro .jpg
    SONATA HD Pro .jpg
    448 KB · Views: 215
  • Procesor.jpg
    Procesor.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
It works perfectly without stuttering even on DSD 256 via foo_dsd_asio. I think that as usual there is a problem with the operator and his equipment ...
It's related to MB and how you push it (CPU), nice VU metres by the way.

TiborG

But as usual, nothing is perfect. The main use for me was with my Tempotec V1 player, which has no analog output. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of play, the player is dangerously hot. He certainly produced the same heat with Tempotec HD. Pulling on the battery will probably destroy the device. So only on bluetooth and LDAC or Topping NX4 DSD. Tempotec even sells it as a kit - both USB dongles. No problem with the smartphone, only tuning the Neutron Music player costs a lot of time and experimentation. Windows, Linux, Mac without problems.

Marfes

But as usual, nothing is perfect. The main use for me was with my Tempotec V1 player, which has no analog output. Unfortunately, after 20 minutes of play, the player is dangerously hot. He certainly produced the same heat with Tempotec HD. Pulling on the battery will probably destroy the device. So only on bluetooth and LDAC or Topping NX4 DSD. Tempotec even sells it as a kit - both USB dongles. No problem with the smartphone, only tuning the Neutron Music player costs a lot of time and experimentation. Windows, Linux, Mac without problems.

I use the Sonata HD Pro with the V1 and have yet to experience heating of the player, esp to dangerous levels.

Human Bass

I now see it for 79 bucks, seems like a great buy. But the S9 has one seller for 86

Human Bass

I now see it for 79 bucks, seems like a great buy. But the S9 has one seller for 86, great promo

US $86.11 21%OFF | Hidizs s9 contrata amplificador de auscultadores de alta fidelidade decodificação usb tipo c dac para 3.5 & 2.5mm adaptador dac amp para telefones/pc portátil áudio para fora
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPcsBNf

keantoken

I didn't see any distortion vs frequency charts?

Is there a consensus on the merits of each version to make a better decision?

olivier salad

I now see it for 79 bucks, seems like a great buy. But the S9 has one seller for 86, great promo

US $86.11 21%OFF | Hidizs s9 contrata amplificador de auscultadores de alta fidelidade decodificação usb tipo c dac para 3.5 & 2.5mm adaptador dac amp para telefones/pc portátil áudio para fora
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPcsBNf
I wouldn't recommend this device. First I thought the clicks and pops existed only on Windows but then I've found problems on Android too, for example when switching between apps there are loud pops.

Teja_b

I'm so elated now, the solution for my constant audio stuttering and breaking for tempotec sonata hd pro was to update my bios for my asrock b450 pro4 motherboard paired with ryzen 3600 processor.

It's soo freaking amazing experience now on my desktop.
My previous post about solution was temporary and other things I tried were of no use.

Now all I need is to get schiit magni and hd6xx.

vext01

> I wouldn't recommend this device. First I thought the clicks and pops existed only on Windows but then I've found problems on Android too, for example when switching between apps there are loud pops.

Hrm. I've not experienced that with the S9 on Android or BSD. It's been rock solid so far (fingers crossed).

olivier salad

> I wouldn't recommend this device. First I thought the clicks and pops existed only on Windows but then I've found problems on Android too, for example when switching between apps there are loud pops.

Hrm. I've not experienced that with the S9 on Android or BSD. It's been rock solid so far (fingers crossed).
I had clicks on Android when switching from Poweramp to Instagram

Human Bass

I wouldn't recommend this device. First I thought the clicks and pops existed only on Windows but then I've found problems on Android too, for example when switching between apps there are loud pops.
Well, mine will arrive soon, fingers crossed

Human Bass

My S9 arrived and the audio is cutting, "gagging" all the time. Oh well, such a disappointment.

0RF30

My S9 arrived and the audio is cutting, "gagging" all the time. Oh well, such a disappointment.
With wich device are using it ? I have absolutely no stuttering or connections issues with the S9, on my android phone and W10. Not an apple user, so can't tell.

Human Bass

With wich device are using it ? I have absolutely no stuttering or connections issues with the S9, on my android phone and W10. Not an apple user, so can't tell.
Windows 10 notebook. I tried A and C ports, 3 different cables.

Top Bottom