• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HIDIZS DH80S Review (DAC & Amp)

Nango

Major Contributor
What phone? How many charge cycles? What dongle? What headphone? What volume? WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/NFC/... On or Off? Battery Saver On or Off? What Apps are open in the background?

Basically, it's impossible to answer that question due to sheer amount of variables.
You just need to know how much current the dongle drains off the phone. The EIDA consumes 100mA, other dongles around 25mA. If your mobile phone's battery is rated 3000mAh then it will last not longer than 3000 mAh/ 25mA = 120h. Considering the cell phone does some others tasks while reproducing music files it will last probably half this period. My LG G7 Thinq lasts around 48-60 hrs depending which in-ears I use and always in 2V mode. Way longer than any DAP I know of.

Last edited:

FreddyCG

No way they will spend a single penny in marketing stuff for more inspiring labels or for native english professionals writing their manuals, etc.

You listening on headphones or speakers? Which headphones??
I'm listening through uapp on my phone into Denon ah-mm400 headphones

staticV3

Master Contributor
You just need to know how much current the dongle drains off the phone. The EIDA consumes 100mA, other dongles around 25mA. If your mobile phone's battery is rated 3000 mAh then it will last not longer than 3000 mAh/ 25mA = 120h. Considering the cell phone does some others tasks while reproducing music files it will last probably half this period.
here are all my dongles for reference:
donlge current draw.png

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I received it today. I wasn´t prepared to how tiny it is. Amazing bargain. Anyone spending loads of cash on the Mojo 2 and carrying around a brick like this should be regarded highly sceptical.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I received it today. I wasn´t prepared to how tiny it is. Amazing bargain. Anyone spending loads of cash on the Mojo 2 and carrying around a brick like this should be regarded highly sceptical.

The only logical reason I can think of for getting the Mojo is its increased power into low impedance planar over ears (200 mw here vs 400 on M2) - though why anyone would want to listen to those on the move is beyond me. Better battery perhaps?

Praefectus

Sold my Dragonfly Cobalt and purchased DH80S.
Using it with Qobuz + rather cheap headphones Sony MDR-1A (I want to upgrade them to Focal ELEGIA soon) but there's a huge improvement in sound quality already.

Amazing DAC, it outperforms Cobalt straight away.
I should visit this forum before deciding to buy Cobalt.
Thanks ASR :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220608_193429.jpg
    IMG_20220608_193429.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Top Bottom