• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HiBy W5 reviews?

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just curious if anyone has found independent HiBy W5 measurements? They tout a custom protocol, UAT, which claims to best LDAC but I can't find any measurements of the device via English Google. Of course the protocol doesn't speak to the quality of DAC/HPA but an interesting angle nonetheless

Quite often I see reviews on other devices (Meizu, Hidisz/TempoTec) from Korea, Russia, etc so I'm hoping there's a proper review lurking out there. I offered to have one shipped to @amirm but I'm guessing his inbox is flooded with requests.

frankh

I'm anxiously waiting for the Hiby W5 review to see if the Bluetooth UAT audio technology can one day replace the cable.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm anxiously waiting for the Hiby W5 review to see if the Bluetooth UAT audio technology can one day replace the cable.
Trouble is, not many UAT portable sources. Until it gets baked into android like LDAC, non starter. I have the w5, sounds fine to me over LDAC

frankh

From what I read somewhere, even Android phones with Hiby player app can transmit the Bluetooth UAT audio. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
From what I read somewhere, even Android phones with Hiby player app can transmit the Bluetooth UAT audio. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. But Hiby player doesn't work with streaming services.

frankh

Correct. But Hiby player doesn't work with streaming services.
Thanks for the update. That means it will be a while till UAT is baked into Android like LDAC. I've streamed through LDAC and it's good enough for me too.

Top Bottom