• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hiby music app volume control questions

Norville

Hi!
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have been reading quite a lot of threads here and I really respect the wealth of knowledge that can be found here. However, there are a few things that I cannot find a proper answer to so I figured I'll ask them here.

I have an Asus ZenFone which I use an external USB DAC dongle with to listen to local files and Tidal with using mostly my LetShuoer S12 iems. My problem is that after I dropped my phone, the phone took a hit and now the volume rocker buttons doesn't work properly so I can only raise the volume with them and then I have to use the software slider to adjust the volume down. The repair would be expensive and the phone works flawlessly otherwise so I have solved this by ordering a DAC dongle with hardware volume buttons, the Tempotec Sonata HD III. I haven't got it yet so I'm hoping the volume Control with this will work good. Does anyone know how many volume steps this dongle have? Will I be able to control the volume on Hiby music by only using the volume buttons if I lock the volume in Hiby?

Another problem is, if I go to the home screen in ny phone I can't control the volume of Hiby music in the Android system slider, I have to go back to Hiby to set the volume. This doesn't happen if I don't use USB exclusive mode. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

If I use UAPP, then I can control the volume outside the app, but this doesn't work in Hiby music, which is sad because I much prefer Hiby music app.

Yikes, that was a lot of questions, I hope someone will be able to answer them. :)

Prince Sangwan

Perhaps it's too late to answer now. But Hiby music seems to take over android audio driver and uses its own driver in usb exclusive mode. So then you will only hear sound if you play something in the hiby app and the volume buttons on the phone will also only control the hiby music app volume until you turn that usb exclusive mode off, which is when it goes back to android drivers. UAPP on the other hand, also uses it's own drivers but it also allow you to use the android audio driver simultaneously. The issue though is that some apps require android audio drivers to work and are not compatible with UAPP like shazam.

Top Bottom