• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hi from an overconfident amateur!

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Hi everybody!

Stubbled upon this site while looking for information about the Topping D50 and couldn't believe my luck :D

I'm an Electronics Technician from Denmark who has mostly been working with non-audio things and predominantly in the digital domain, but my dad had caught the DIY Hi-Fi bug when I was kid and has passed on a bit of a sniffel.

My home stereo setup is pathetic to say the least and I have never owned anything "high-end", but I can't help using a lot of my time researching the best bang for the buck options for a time when I finally allow myself an upgrade.

I've been brought up to be sceptic about anything that can't be measured or observed, and I can't help but notice a gross mismatch between the amount of tangible data in my "real-life" work with electronics and the amount found in the description of most b#ls%t audio products.

It's nice to find a forum promoting healthy scepticism and actual measurements rather than mystic speculations :cool:

I love jumping into any technical discussion, but lots of times I won't have clue what I'm talking about, so feel free to correct me in a non-patronizing way ;)

Top Bottom