• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with using hardware EQ and interface

Ziggyliggy

So I have a dbx go rack with hardware eq on it. I would like to set it up so that I can use it while playing music from my pc to my audio interface using my interfaces headphone out. Is this possible?
I was thinking something like line out on interface - thru input in hardware eq box - output on hardware eq box to input on audio interface ? Or will this not even affect the headphone output at all? I’m using a quantum 2626 interface

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:
OP
Z

Ziggyliggy

That’s what I want to be able to do I’m just not sure how to loop thru the dbx for general music playback. Say from iTunes with the quantum as my sound device.. I know it’s possible in a daw with a plug-in for my own work but I’m unsure how to do it for general everyday listening on my pc outside of pro tools. Any ideas?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I have a Focusrite 4Pre USB

I can route PC sound to channels one and two (of eight) of the USB by making the Focustrie the default output.

I don't know what you can do with what you have.

1608533903306.png

Actually, all sound (from other sources) goes through the Focusrite and I use it as a mixer to route PC sound (when desired) to the main system,

OP
Z

Ziggyliggy

So your saying route my audio to channels 1 and 2 which are the ones looping thru the go rack and it should come out the headphone section processed? I don’t actually have the quantum yet, it’s on its way. I just wanna figure out how I can use my stupid go rack before it gets here so I don’t have to buy more and more and more stuff looking for a solution. The only thing I can think of right now is to use the main out into the go rack into ANOTHER external headphone amplifier analog in. But that’s a whole nother purchase . I wish there was an easier way with just the damned interface! Gurus.. please.. chime in! Maybe some sort of eq apo vst pipeline plugin routing my audio thru the sends and receives?

OP
Z

Ziggyliggy

There’s a hardware send and receive for channels 1 and 2 in the quantum but I think that only works for processing things I am recording into my pc, not the overall audio coming out of the 2626. Is there a way to route cables to use it as the post effect instead of pre? In a sense . Thanks. Damn this is really bugging me especially not having it to mess around with in my hands.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I don't know how the box you don't have yet works.

I figure they are usually pretty flexible in their routing.

Sorry.

OP
Z

Ziggyliggy

I appreciate you trying to help man. I would imagine it’s an easy thing to setup but I’ve been googling for hours and can’t find a single thread or solution on using analog hardware on the headphone output end of things with an audio interface. Everything online is about hooking up analog hardware for modifying signals going into the pc. Kinda blown away there is nothing at all’s. 30 years of internet, worthless

OP
Z

Ziggyliggy

What I essentially want to do is just be able to listen to music off tidal with the music being processed by the audio interface ->and dbx processor(so I can EQ it essentially), and hear it on the headphone output of the presonus box by routing the go rack back into the presonus. Is this feasible or even possible? I know there are ways to do this in a DAW, but I'm talking just in windows on a music streaming platform will you.

So would I be able to route music output from tidal or Spotify to the interface, thru the gorack, and out the headphone output on the presonus without another piece of gear like a headphone amp in between?
What I mean and what I KNOW is presonus line out->gorack->headamp->headphones is a solution here (but requires ANOTHER purchase ). Thanks for reading and helpin! Bru

Top Bottom