• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with updating review index

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hey you all. As some of you may have noticed, our review index database has frozen in time form last October. I need one or two volunteers to help update the electronic and headphone reviews. We have a new, much simplified process for doing this. Each entry should not take more than a minute to do once you have the review in hand.

Appreciate the help as otherwise I have to do it which would take away time from reviews.

Thanks.

chuckt62

Editor
I’ve had more free time on my hands than I prefer lately. I’d be more than happy to help out.

Presently42

I've been wondering, why the asr data on google sheets hasn't been updating: I go to check periodically, and see, that there are no new entries, so I assume, that everything is being input. If that's not the case, how should I proceed to enter the values? Are any of the scripts working still?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I've been wondering, why the asr data on google sheets hasn't been updating: I go to check periodically, and see, that there are no new entries, so I assume, that everything is being input. If that's not the case, how should I proceed to enter the values? Are any of the scripts working still?
I have started with the other two members above right now. If for some reason they can't do the work, I will circle back to you. But yes, no data has been input since October of last year. Another member has helped update the database for speakers but the electronics and headphones need updating.

This is a brand new, custom written software/database by the way which will replace what we are using now. It is exceptionally more efficient (faster and smaller) and we can do what we need with it.

Presently42

This is a brand new, custom written software/database by the way which will replace what we are using now. It is exceptionally more efficient (faster and smaller) and we can do what we need with it.
That's good news: the old system took a very long time to use - especially if, for example, the year something came out couldn't be easily found. It also allowed duplicates with slightly different names rather too easily; and required manual input that a new review existed. It was a fine start, but I'm glad a new system is in town!

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If the key elements of each review, those susceptible to be indexed, namely brand, name, price, recommended flag, etc. where in an html table, it would be relatively easy to scrape them all with a script, and hence automate this indexing process.

My two cents.

Last edited:

GratefulDAC

I was just going to ask why this had not been updated and now I know why. Thanks for the work everyone is putting into this. I wish I could help but I am inundated!

Any idea when it will be up and running again?

chuckt62

Editor
Top Bottom