• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with the Gustard X16

Pennyless Audiophile

HELP!

So I purchased the X16 a few months ago. I like it! Love the sound, the versatility and everything else...

BUT

The display is waaaaay too small. When buying it I didn't realize it was so small.
When I am sitting on the couch I am about 3 meters away and I can't read it.
Actually, with my poor sight, I need to lie prone on the carpet, with my face 20 cm from the display every time I want to adjust the volume or check if I activated the right input.

This is good for exercise...

... but I wonder if there is any less calisthenics intensive solution. I was hoping there was an app but I didn't see anything.

Other than keeping some binoculars on the couch beside me, what could I do?

All ideas welcome.

Katji

Major Contributor
That's one reason I use Windows volume control. And so prefer DAC without volume control.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HELP!

So I purchased the X16 a few months ago. I like it! Love the sound, the versatility and everything else...

BUT

The display is waaaaay too small. When buying it I didn't realize it was so small.
When I am sitting on the couch I am about 3 meters away and I can't read it.
Actually, with my poor sight, I need to lie prone on the carpet, with my face 20 cm from the display every time I want to adjust the volume or check if I activated the right input.

This is good for exercise...

... but I wonder if there is any less calisthenics intensive solution. I was hoping there was an app but I didn't see anything.

Other than keeping some binoculars on the couch beside me, what could I do?

All ideas welcome.

Agree so much with you and crusading this subject

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...dual-9038-pro-by-l7audiolab.19921/post-733574

foxtrot

You can use a telescope on a tripod. It will look great against the background of audio equipment. You can also adjust the volume and set the source by ear. Not observing the device's screen. It is a matter of habit though.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or you buy a preamp which has a better readout and use the X16 as a pure dac.

Last edited:

k525

In may opinion there are no real needs to look the info in the display

sthaus

You must move your DAC close to you but be aware of your cable... I'm j/k.

I think you better use the remote control to adjust the volume and listen to the most suit for your hearing, display number is not important than what you hear. Personally, I don't really change my input every 5s therefore i think it is okay to walk and check for exercise purpose as well. Haizz I got what you mean for the poor display design.

Top Bottom