• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with Moto M4 Setup

cantdoart

I have a turntable with phono going to a Schiit Mani. I also have a Moto M4 on its way. I'd like to have Schiit Mani going to the M4 so that I can record audio and so that I can also just listen to my turntable through my monitors hooked up to my M4.

Do I need a RCA -> TRS cable to hook up the Mani to the M4? If so do I do dual RCA to 1 TRS into a single Line In? Or do I need a dual RCA to dual TRS for each of the line ins?

Thanks a bunch!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You need one RCA to trs cable per channel. So you'll need two for recording stereo. One for each line coming from the Mani in to the M4.

Then use the line outs to your monitor. If your monitors use RCA out you can use those on the M4. If your monitors use TRS, then you can use a TRS to TRS cable on the monitor outs of the M4. One per monitor or again two.

1604605838708.png

OP
C

cantdoart

You need one RCA to trs cable per channel. So you'll need two for recording stereo. One for each line coming from the Mani in to the M4.

Then use the line outs to your monitor. If your monitors use RCA out you can use those on the M4. If your monitors use TRS, then you can use a TRS to TRS cable on the monitor outs of the M4. One per monitor or again two.

View attachment 91619

Thanks, @Blumlein 88! Just ordered the cables.

Top Bottom