• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with iPhone to headphone amp connection...

blastro

Here;s that I am using...

Topping MX3

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter

iPhone 12 Mini

Generic USB-A to USB-B cable.

When I connect the iPhone and select the USB input on the MX3, there is no sound.The MX3 clicks like the it’s about to play and then stops.

The also happens with my iPad. I actually have 2 of the Lightning to USB Camera Adapters and both fail.

I’ve also tried multilple USB cables.

Clearly the Topping is not seeing the input it expects, but what am I doing wrong?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I remember correctly you need the correct type of cable from camera connection to DAC.

I have an older iPhone and iPad and have not had this issue myself.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m assuming you allowed the camera adapter on your devices when you plugged it in?

OP
B

blastro

I’m assuming you allowed the camera adapter on your devices when you plugged it in?
I'm not sure what you mean. I did toggle the setting that allows external USB devices, but you might be referring to something else.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not sure what you mean. I did toggle the setting that allows external USB devices, but you might be referring to something else.
Normally Apple will ask if the device is trusted. I don’t remember if the camera kit asks for approval.

Top Bottom