• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with architecture of home sound system

Luke535

Dear Members,

I need an advice which device you recommend as a main input/output system for my living room.

As you can see on the attached drawing, I have a multiple devices which I'm trying to connect together and use speakers as a main sound out.

The goal is to:

- use one remote (preferably Apple TV 4K remote) to change volume regardless of which device is in use.
ex. when I use gramophone I should be able to change volume with the remote. The same should applies to PS or Apple TV.

- keep the best possible sound quality - keeping amplifier and speakers

- it would be great if I could steam the same audio out to the other room via Airplay to BW speaker (not mandatory)

I believe I need to replace the analog/digital converter with a preamp with HDMI and toslink IN and HDMI, RCA OUT with IR for remote, to which all devices should be connected to, but I'm not sure...

All advises appreciated, have a nice Sunday!

Budget max $1000.

Drawing below.

IMG_1151.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom