• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help Please! New stereo set...

lggusb

Hello guys! My first contact with a stereo setup was at my brother house with a Marantz amp and B&W 600s bookshelf and for me that was a game changer. Now i'm buying my fist system. I upload my room scheme with all measures in millimetres. The use of the system is to listen music 80% and not only in the couch but i want a spread sound on all room. I liked the new CA Evo amplifier. Initially, i choose the KEF R7s, but after reading more, I saw some reviews preferring the LS50Meta. Another Speaker that I liked was the Focal 826. I have some doubts about the best speaker to choose, position of them, if they combine with a Cambridge audio Evo, necessity of a central or subs... I'm fully open for tips, suggestions, critics and for changes on the set up.
The Measures:
- TV to Couch --> 4,085 meters
- Room --> 5,217 x 4,530 meters / 23m2 (247,57 ft/sq)

Possible setup:
- Speakers: KEF R7 / LS50 Meta / Focal 826 (?)
- Amp: CA Evo
- Turntable: Pro-ject Debut Carbon Evo

1645138904223.png

1645138863578.png

Triliza

Forum Donor
You can help people helping you by providing some more info:

- What's your total budget?
- Are you considering a multichannel setup (you say stereo but if you add a center you can as well add surrounds and atmos)?
- Do you own any audio gear that you can keep using?
- Do you already have a vinyl collection? If not, it may not be worth it (aka too expensive) to start now.
- Are you using some streaming platform, where is your music located?
- Will you consider active speakers?

PS: It's best to not create multiple threads because it complicate things.

Top Bottom