• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help! PlayStation 5 audio setup issues.

edoardo

Hi everyone, I need some help with the PS5 audio options. I have two active monitors (Adam t5v, XLR and RCA inputs) and I would like the ps5 audio to go out there to watch movies etc. I heard that I can use USB DACs but I am not an expert on the subject ... can someone explain to me what I need to buy to complete my audio setup and connect the ps5 to the speakers? I have a scarlett 4i4 for my pc but since it doesn't have the optical input I can't connect it to the ps5 with the usual Astro HDMI audio splitter. Thanks! Help! Audio setup issues.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Hi everyone, I need some help with the PS5 audio options. I have two active monitors (Adam t5v, XLR and RCA inputs) and I would like the ps5 audio to go out there to watch movies etc. I heard that I can use USB DACs but I am not an expert on the subject ... can someone explain to me what I need to buy to complete my audio setup and connect the ps5 to the speakers? I have a scarlett 4i4 for my pc but since it doesn't have the optical input I can't connect it to the ps5 with the usual Astro HDMI audio splitter. Thanks! Help! Audio setup issues.

Does this help (i only did a quick google...)

https://blog.jdslabs.com/2020/11/connecting-a-usb-dac-to-ps4-or-ps5/

OP
E

edoardo

those are for headphones, i want a dac that i can simply connect to the speakers through RCA

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
if i remember correctly, you need a USB DAC with the UAC1, not UAC2.

but that is for the PS4, not sure if same thing goes for the PS5.

does your TV not have optical or headphone out?

OP
E

edoardo

I only have a monitor so no optical at all, i was wondering if the Rode Ai-1 will work? it has jack outputs.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I only have a monitor so no optical at all, i was wondering if the Rode Ai-1 will work? it has jack outputs.

check online for DACs that people have actually used so you're sure that they will work. there are very few UAC1 DACs out there in 2021.

OP
E

edoardo

I Just figured out that my monitor has an 3.5mm aux for headphones. Can i use something like this and connect my monitor to the speakers?

Pancreas

I Just figured out that my monitor has an 3.5mm aux for headphones. Can i use something like this and connect my monitor to the speakers?

problem with this is the sound will be downgraded

the only way to get good sound, would be to get

audio extractor with optical
audio interface with optical

this will allow you to get a 5.1 surround

so you connect your speakers to the audio interface via TRS/XLR

connect the ps5 to the audio extractor via HDMI, then audio extractor to monitor via HDMI

and audio extractor to audio interface via optical cable

Top Bottom