• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help out a Luddite - How can I download the new Tool album in CD quality (at least)?

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ok, I admit it - I rarely stream. When I want to own a piece of music, I buy the CD and rip it to my own collection.

The new Tool album has me flummoxed though. The CD comes with a ridiculous LCD screen and speaker and is selling for $165. Yikes. I can buy the album from Amazon Music - but what is the resolution? Amazon doesn't say. Is it lossless compressed? Will the tracks flow seamlessly from one to the other if they do on the CD?

I have no idea why Tool made it so hard to take my money.

Wombat

Master Contributor

digicidal

Major Contributor
I'm sure the price on Amazon will drop to the retail price once more hit the market. Just like it's been on several past releases, I'm sure there will be more of the limited editions out which are likely still in transit. If not, then the "ordinary" CDs will hit shelves a few days afterward - probably mid-Sept. at the very latest.

In the past I always was a first-in-line guy with Tool... now I'll just wait and see. I'd like one of the limited editions, to go with all of my others - but I'm not about to pay a $100+ premium for it. I guess waiting for 13 years will do that to ya... I mean, what's another 2-3 weeks in comparison? ;)

OP
LightninBoy

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm sure the price on Amazon will drop to the retail price once more hit the market. Just like it's been on several past releases, I'm sure there will be more of the limited editions out which are likely still in transit. If not, then the "ordinary" CDs will hit shelves a few days afterward - probably mid-Sept. at the very latest.

In the past I always was a first-in-line guy with Tool... now I'll just wait and see. I'd like one of the limited editions, to go with all of my others - but I'm not about to pay a $100+ premium for it. I guess waiting for 13 years will do that to ya... I mean, what's another 2-3 weeks in comparison? ;)

Oh I have no intent to buy the limited edition at any price. Other than the CD - its just crap destined for the landfill. But ... I'm weak and couldn't wait for the normal CDs to arrive.

Now excuse me, I need to yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

Top Bottom