• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help needed: Soft start board wiring for power amp

Scott Andersen

I have bought a Pass A3 kit from China that requires a soft start switch installed but am not technically knowledgeable enough to know how to wire it up.
I have attached photo and commentary from where I bought it from, it talks of it requiring a double switch and has two switches marked on the board.
And I am also unsure of WHERE in circuit this gets installed, before the transformer in other words direct 240v straight from wall?
Sorry for my ignorance any help greatly appreciated. I have successfully built some wonderful speakers that sounds absolutely amazing but the amp stuff if beyond my current knowledge.

ntroduction:
It adopts advanced double-sided thick gold-plated 2.0mm PCB, copper foil thickness 75U, high current wiring, 30A high current contact relay and other components assembly, no need to connect transformer, and can be directly soldered to the IEC socket with fuse, no need for punching installation. Small size, can make reasonable use of the chassis space. Of course, it is also possible to connect additional leads.

Product Features:
Prevents the power amplifier from being affected by large currents on the components at the moment of power-on. The delay time is about 1 second. After the power switch is turned on, the switch no longer passes a large current. When the switch is turned on, the switch only loads the small current of the relay coil. When the power amplifier or other equipment uses a large current, it is completely burdened by the 30A relay. The durability of the switch and the limitation of the switch can be passed through a larger current.

Note 1: The “Double Power Switch” must be used, and the single switch cannot be used. The power switch current is up to 3A.

Input voltage: AC 100---250V
Size: 74mm*61mm

Attachments

• ss2.GIF
    ss2.GIF
    311.2 KB · Views: 68

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have bought a Pass A3 kit from China that requires a soft start switch installed but am not technically knowledgeable enough to know how to wire it up.
I have attached photo and commentary from where I bought it from, it talks of it requiring a double switch and has two switches marked on the board.
And I am also unsure of WHERE in circuit this gets installed, before the transformer in other words direct 240v straight from wall?
Sorry for my ignorance any help greatly appreciated. I have successfully built some wonderful speakers that sounds absolutely amazing but the amp stuff if beyond my current knowledge.
"WARNING: This circuit requires experience with mains wiring. Do not attempt construction unless experienced and capable. Death or serious injury may result from incorrect wiring."

Don't use the Chinese knockoff, or anything from Nelson Pass for that matter. It could be the same as this one:

It says 24 VDC in the image, so after the transformer and AC to DC conversion. Just buy a used power amp from a well-known brand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom