• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CdnSnob88

Hi guys, long term lurker but new account poster. I'm in a bit of a pickle and not sure if anyone can help. Thought I'd give it a try because I trust opinions of people here more than on AV Forums. I'm mostly a home theatre watcher vs pure music, if that helps.

I currently have a BK p12 300 PR sub and an older Denon avr but looking to buy the new Onkyo RZ50 when it comes to the UK in 2022.

Im looking to purchase either of these sets:

1. Klipsch rp8000 with the 504C
2. Focal Chora 826D with the Centre
3. New Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G with the C350 (6G) Centre
4. Another combo that would beat these for quality, nearish the price tag of roughly £2000.

I'm confused as to what would be the best combo. My sub goes down nice and deep so don't need floor standers to do so per say, as they'd be set to small anyways with the avr.

The klipsch, contrary to many people and I'll get slated for this most likely, sound fun when it comes to films.

The focals have great precision/soundstage/but lack punch.

The new new Monitor Audios have NO independent reviews from what I can see in terms of quality. Has anyone heard them with a film that can give feedback?

Black Friday is near so I'm hoping to narrow it down to a winner, and I'm unable to do any testing myself due to personal circumstances.

Hope to have a friendly chat and looking forward to posting more in the forum, now that I'm no longer a lurker.

nerdstrike

If your screen is wall-mounted, you may wish to go with stand-mounts so you can do something about tweeter height.

I also came up with little for Monitor audio, and would probably opt for the measured Focals. Not sure about the value of the up-firing speakers in the D-variant compared with biting the cabling bullet and fitting rear channels. Possibly better to focus budget on the quality of the L/R channels rather than notional atmos support.

But hey, I just went for stereo for movies and spent my £2k on KEF.

steve59

Major Contributor
Klipsch aren’t my cuppa’ but they’re popular for a reason and if you like them nothing else really matters. Do you want a boring pair of speakers you never use but get lots of affirmation from a forum? Seriously tho’ is your use 50/50? You’re not mastering tracks in there right. The most fun I had with stereo was with a pair of bose 901 vI hanging from the ceiling with a 55wpc realistic receiver driving them! The popo were over every Friday night asking me to turn it down. Sometimes we take this stuff too seriously.

Last edited:
OP
C

CdnSnob88

I'd say I'm about 75 percent action films and 25 percent various music from all ranges.

I was really leaning towards the focals first because of their clarity. The not being able to go low didn't bother me much because I know my sub would make up for it for films.

Then my colleague Brought me to the attention of the Rp8000s which had an overall bigger sound.

But now that the silver 500 7g has been released from monitor audio, these seem the best of the bunch for home theatre.

I just don't know why there are no reviews from it yet really and it's making my choice difficult since Black Friday is nearing.

The focals would be the cheapest overall, and I think I can get the newest monitor audio bits for cheaper than the Klipsch.

Zedly

Forum Donor
If you like the RP-8000, you should also consider the RP-280F, the predecessor of the RP-8000. The differences are minimal, and you can find them for a much lower price (Crutchfield has them on-sale for $400 each right now; not sure about in the UK). I have the RP-280F, and I like them. They are a bit on the bright side, but they have an even frequency response without all the dips and peaks that many Klipsch speakers have. This and the RP8000F are probably Klipsch's most neutral speaker.

OP
C

CdnSnob88

Thanks for the replies guess it's now a waiting game for black Friday deals

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have never heard klipsch speakers so cant comment. I think the MA silver will be great

Top Bottom