• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me with Amazon Affiliate Program

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone. I am not sure if I want to use Amazon Affiliate program where if you shop with links provided here, they will give me commissions. Even though I likely send them a lot of business, I don't want to cloud what I write as motivated by that commission. That said, the program may be a way to fund equipment that doesn't get loaned otherwise.

Anyway, no decision to use the program yet. However, I filled out their forms last year and Amazon is telling me if it doesn't get used shortly, they will throw me out on the street. :)

So if someone doesn't mind, please buy a chewing gum or something using this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9P3X3&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d

It goes to the Topping DAC but can buy anything.

Once there, Amazon will perform its audit of the site to see if I qualify anyway.

Just in case too many of you click and buy something on Amazon and I get rich, I will think of you all as I enjoy some steak and lobster this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered an LED blacklight. Scorpions beware. Also a great Halloween or audio enhancement. Have to pull out all my 70's posters. Especially the Hendrix one.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Hello everyone. I am not sure if I want to use Amazon Affiliate program where if you shop with links provided here, they will give me commissions. Even though I likely send them a lot of business, I don't want to cloud what I write as motivated by that commission. That said, the program may be a way to fund equipment that doesn't get loaned otherwise.

Anyway, no decision to use the program yet. However, I filled out their forms last year and Amazon is telling me if it doesn't get used shortly, they will throw me out on the street. :)

So if someone doesn't mind, please buy a chewing gum or something using this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9P3X3&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d

It goes to the Topping DAC but can buy anything.

Once there, Amazon will perform its audit of the site to see if I qualify anyway.

Just in case too many of you click and buy something on Amazon and I get rich, I will think of you all as I enjoy some steak and lobster this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
My view on this FWIW is that your reviews speak for themselves. They are technical objective and not subjective opinions.

As such it's difficult to justify any complaint of potential bias, the results are the results.

So IMO go for it, just be clear about the programme. Let's face it, you are always going to get unjustified BS from those that don't like the results of the reviews, you just need to get them to justify any criticism on technical grounds.

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
If you do go for this you might want to consider it for non US Amazon sites too, given the worldwide audience of ASR. Unless the red tape is too onerous of course.

JohnPM

Technical Expert
Make sure you include the affiliate disclosure somewhere easily found: ... is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Make sure you include the affiliate disclosure somewhere easily found: ... is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Yes, I need to do that if I ever go live with it. Do you know if they check for such disclosures for approval of the site?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
You might as well pursue it. If the links mean an increased budget for testing it's worth it.

JohnPM

Technical Expert
Yes, I need to do that if I ever go live with it. Do you know if they check for such disclosures for approval of the site?
They have been known to be quite strict.

D700

you should take advantage of the affiliate program, as long as you make proper declarations. I would never have heard of 3/4 of this stuff but for your site....unless you start using phrases like "sinuous bass", "forward midrange" and "epiphanous highs"

Tks

Major Contributor
Always wondered, is there a way to initiate this + Smile donation at the same time?

jackenhack

Forum Donor
Go for it. I'm using it on my blog. Having links doesn't bias me at least. If it's available on Amazon, I'll link. Otherwise, I use a direct link. Having links could be a good revenue stream for you, helping you buy more stuff to test. I'll be sure to click your link next time I'm buying from Amazon.

And yes, as soon as my finances are back on track, I will become a Patreon supporter. Love to read all the tests done here on this site, and I've bought a metric ton of stuff because of it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Top Bottom