• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me understand how the wireless sub transmitter should be set up

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have the Anthem MRX 520 preamp/processor and the REL wireless subwoofer transmitter both reviewed by reviewed by @amirm. My sub allows me to set different input voltage levels (Arendal 1961S allows 1V, 2V, 4V or 8V). The Anthem puts out 5.2V on the subwoofer preamp output. But it looks like based on Amir's review that the REL transmitter puts out 2V. I assume that I should be using the 2V input on the sub to match the REL. Assuming so, does the wireless transmitter simply convert the 0 - 5.2V signal from the preamp to a 0 - 2V signal at the subwoofer?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The pre-amp will adjust accordingly after you calibrate the room all over again.

But yeah it's best to put the Arendal at 2V.

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I would assume the device is set up to simply have output the same as input, with the measured limit of 2V. I wouldn't expect it to attenuate the signal.

So your levels would have to be set on the Anthem to not exceed 2V. You will not be using its full output range.

Which should be achieved by having the sub set to its 2V range - calibration should then get you to the right place. It's possible you might still clip, in which case you can try going to 1V.

Top Bottom