• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me pick an endgame IEM

Blorg

A follow up question, having seen the Variations are on "sale" on Shenzenaudio for $442.

How nicely do the Variations fit in the ear? The Truthears do start to feel a bit sore after a while for me. As others have mentioned, they are a bit big and not that ergonomic.
The Variations are quite big. They fit me fine and are very comfortable but they are big and the nozzle is big. They are basically identical to the Blessing 2 Dusk, which I had before and I got used to after about a week, so they felt entirely normal to me from the get go.

sharock

The Variations are quite big. They fit me fine and are very comfortable but they are big and the nozzle is big. They are basically identical to the Blessing 2 Dusk, which I had before and I got used to after about a week, so they felt entirely normal to me from the get go.

That's a shame. The variations FR looks really good to me. A bit of an expensive gamble if they turn out to be not comfortable.:(

The 7Hz Salnotes Zero are actually super comfortable for me. I just don't think they sound as good as the Truthear Zero (both EQ'd to Harman).

Blorg

One that I find very good, and is a lot smaller, is the Aful Performer5. It's closer to IEF neutral in the upper mids and has a more gentle bass shelf, but both these are positives in my book. It's also a lot cheaper, $220 MSRP and below that right now in the AliExpress Anniversary sale, around $175 after coupons.
1679402056605.png

DS_Construct

Way too many.

Deckard01

Hello guys,

New to the iEM rabbit hole!

Can you tell me please until 50-60 euro, which to choose these Zero 2 or the more expensive RUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero? or the cheap Tancjim ZERO, or Moondrop Arya?

Or something else?

Too confused!!

ehabheikal

Hello guys,

Can you tell me please until 50-60 euro, which to choose these Zero 2 or the more expensive RUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero? or the cheap Tancjim ZERO, or Moondrop Arya?

Or something else?

Too confused!!
Crinacle zero red measures the best at 55usd add to it a good dac/amp and you can hear what you would pay 5000used in speakers etc

DS_Construct

I have been through a lot of IEMs/Headphones/DAPs/Cables/etc...and spent a lot of time and money on this hobby that has a tendency to be a lot of snake oil. I can't say that I didn't have fun wading in the snake oil and I always enjoyed all of the purchases and I am still enjoying many of them. But, the belief system, reviews and opinions drove many of these purchases. And, before I joined this group, I drank a tremendous amount of snake oil and I believed all of it. Mind you, I still take sips from the cup, but there is a lot to take away from the pure science conveyed on this site. Outside of the science is subjective perception or an opinion and that doesn't fly here. The measurements don't lie and it really is possible to buy an inexpensive dongle that sounds as good or better than a $1000.00+ DAP. I started not buying anything audio until I look it up here.

Last edited:

asrUser

Hello guys,

Or something else?

Too confused!!
Better save the money for Truthear Nova.

Top Bottom