• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me monitoring for my new studio! :-)

OP
ToneJunkie

ToneJunkie

Build the corner traps right into the walls before you finish the room. 12" min. And don't forget your ceiling/wall joints.Head over to the gearspace forums there are dedicated threads to doing this, and as much room treatment discussion as you can stomach from some of the world leaders in acoustics. There are TONS of diy schematics and recommendations. Get your room in order so that you can actually hear the monitors you end up choosing properly. On that note...
Looks like I got some reading to do :)
ProAc Studio 100s - second hand for about 1000-1200.
I'll check them out... never heard of them before.
Also please stop Guessing what you need. guessing never works.
you will get crap results and waste money that way.
Yep sounds like a good plan. I think I have most of your steps going accept step 1 and 2... so I will work on that.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
the problem with Gearslutz is that while there are a lot of experts there, they are also the ones selling panels.
but you sure can get a lot of knowledge reading there. but it will take you a few days of reading to filter stuff out

AA63

the problem with Gearslutz is that while there are a lot of experts there, they are also the ones selling panels.
but you sure can get a lot of knowledge reading there. but it will take you a few days of reading to filter stuff out

I've never found this to be a "problem". In fact I find most of them very generous with their time, and none of them overly-aggressive trying to sell their own services or products. Having direct access to manufacturers, consultants and experts is an incredible asset.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
it's false.

Top Bottom