• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me make a decision on nearfield monitors!

gsilbers

Update: Going for the Barefoots. Price is now the same as the Twins so there's no point in doing anything else, plus the built-in sanity checking of the MEME system is worth it.

how are the Barefoots now that you had some time with them?

specially with the low bass and low mids?

I have the focal solo6 be and are good but I've moved to a bigger room and im thinking these might be too small. but not sure if adding a bass would be enough or the barefoot has better low end plus clarity of the 3way design.

Basically what some said above, how is the difference from the Focal shape to the barefoot? was it a massive difference?

OP
D

dfuller

Major Contributor
how are the Barefoots now that you had some time with them?

specially with the low bass and low mids?

I have the focal solo6 be and are good but I've moved to a bigger room and im thinking these might be too small. but not sure if adding a bass would be enough or the barefoot has better low end plus clarity of the 3way design.

Basically what some said above, how is the difference from the Focal shape to the barefoot? was it a massive difference?
I've actually moved onto KH310s from the Barefoots. The side firing woofers excited modes a lot in my room.

The Barefoots aren't bad at all, but the KH310s are more accurate in every way and have a larger sweet spot.

I think you'd be better off looking for a sub or two for the Solo6 Be's.

gsilbers

I've actually moved onto KH310s from the Barefoots. The side firing woofers excited modes a lot in my room.

The Barefoots aren't bad at all, but the KH310s are more accurate in every way and have a larger sweet spot.

I think you'd be better off looking for a sub or two for the Solo6 Be's.

interesting. about the barefoots. makes sense. those seem massive on the bass.

I thought the KH310 lacked some bass or somthing along those lines from what i read elsewhere. but indeed very good.

thanks, i might just add the sub first even though ill have to get used to a separate sub. normally i dont trust it. maybe the paired with the the subsolo.

OP
D

dfuller

Major Contributor
interesting. about the barefoots. makes sense. those seem massive on the bass.

I thought the KH310 lacked some bass or somthing along those lines from what i read elsewhere. but indeed very good.

thanks, i might just add the sub first even though ill have to get used to a separate sub. normally i dont trust it. maybe the paired with the the subsolo.
I would recommend reading Amir's review of both.

Top Bottom