• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me decide!

Which speaker

• Total voters

Eeyoredave

If your budget was under 10k, no ability to audition, room that will not be treated, minimal fuss/components, which speaker would you choose - end game type choice? (Following on my other thread)

rillettes

Why didn't you consider Genelec 8351b + dual subs ? It won't be under 10k, but you listed the Kii three, which should be even more expensive.

HooStat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Get the 8361. It is simple and clean -- no subs required (should get to 29-30 Hz in room). Established company. Excellent resale if you change your mind.

rillettes

Seems over kill? what about 7360 or dual 7350? Or were you proposing dual 7370?
Yes - I read in several places that Genelec recommended the 7370 with the 8351s, but it looks like they meant a single 7370. For dual subs, it would be the 7360 indeed.

BDE

Go for a Genelec setup, than the journey is over! Depending on the room and listening situation two bigger the Ones or smaller Ones with subwoofer. I really like their equipment and changed from Neumann back to Genelec..
Personally I would not spend so much for equipment from a small company (future, reliability, spare parts, posibility to sell and so on).

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
For a desk setup, I would have chosen Genelec (without subwoofers). For a living room, I am sure Genelec is a great choice too (and so is KEF).

Midwest Blade

They may not be for everyone in the looks department but Genelec 8361 really tweak my interest especially as an end all home audio addition.

Top Bottom