• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me decide: Akg k702 vs Sennheiser 560s

Which headphone is better for sound design / mixing / critical listeling?

• Total voters

buscon

dear Forum,

I want to buy an open headphone for sound design and mixing. My budget is max 150€ (in Europe).

I narrowed down the choice between the AKG k702 and the Sennheiser 560s and I am auditioning both at home.
I am testing them with and without EQ (Oratory AutoEQ and Sonarworks). I can return both of them without problems.

The problem is, I like them both :)
The K702 definitively needs some EQ to be properly used, the 560s can go without EQ though I do like it better with EQ.
Using the EQ is not a problem in my setup.

They are both comfortable, though I find the K702 more comfortable than the 560s.
Soundwise I tend more toward the 560s.
I think I will be happy and can work well with either of them.

In any case I wanted to hear you opinions about it.
I have the impression that the people of the forum will tend more toward the 560s. I also read the good review of @amirm of the 560s and the reviews of @solderdude , which make me tend even more towards the 560s.

Top Bottom