• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me decide: 7.1 today with future headroom, go with the Denon AVR-X4700H or X8500H

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Every girl that's come over so far has the same nonplussed comment: did you get enough speakers?

They like it when the system is playing but I know none of them would stand to have a set up like this in their own home. probably mostly how the surrounds are just sitting in open space. But for the moment, I'm just here to please myself

Stick in a few more now so you can take some away as a negotiation and still end up with a 5.2 setup ;)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Every girl that's come over so far has the same nonplussed comment: did you get enough speakers?

They like it when the system is playing but I know none of them would stand to have a set up like this in their own home. probably mostly how the surrounds are just sitting in open space. But for the moment, I'm just here to please myself
I could be those girls even if I´m not female. :D

I absolutely love multichannel (worse still, Atmos!) but at the same time, I´m a bit OCD with the place where I live, so I have to balance both. I hate the wire mazes, towers of metal boxes and speakers in the middle of the space as if they were Italian Renaissance sculptures. Luckily, Ikea (and years of getting books) allows me to hide all that mess and keep things tidy. Measuring speaker sizes for me is a relevant thing but the good news is that it can be done. It takes more work, time and effort, but it can be done.

amper42

Major Contributor
I could be those girls even if I´m not female. :D

I absolutely love multichannel (worse still, Atmos!) but at the same time, I´m a bit OCD with the place where I live, so I have to balance both. I hate the wire mazes, towers of metal boxes and speakers in the middle of the space as if they were Italian Renaissance sculptures. Luckily, Ikea (and years of getting books) allows me to hide all that mess and keep things tidy. Measuring speaker sizes for me is a relevant thing but the good news is that it can be done. It takes more work, time and effort, but it can be done.

Are you sure you're not female? :D

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Are you sure you're not female? :D
Very much so. I don´t reach ZZ Top beard lenght, but I can assure you it´s quite long. :D

I hope KEF designs some sort of "boxless" (or tiny, easy to hide box) solution for their actives that covers multichannel.

Top Bottom