• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me chose my first stack!

Praefectus

Hello

I want to buy my first stack for up to £350 altogether.

I am considering these:

• SMSL SU-6 + SMSL SH-6
  • SMSL DO100 + SMSL HO100 (more than my budget but still will do I guess...)
Will appreciate your input with other brands at a similar price BUT I am probably (unless you can convince me) not interested in Topping in any way. I have bad experience with this brand (popping, clicking sound and heavy distortion when tested two of their DX3 Pro+ units).

I am listening using Qobuz on PC with Sony MDR-1A [3.5mm] (will upgrade in the future).
It would be great if the device you recommend could display the current sample rate or even the leds that indicate the current sample rate.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd recommend the JDS Atom amp/DAC stack, you really can't go wrong, and their support is the best in the industry. My other favorite in the price range is the Schiit Magni Heresy and Khadas tone board. Those will power most headphones out there, my daily driver is the 600ohm Beyerdynamic DT880 and never lacked for volume with either.

Top Bottom