• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me choose my 2nd nearfield system

bathroomskank

Hello,

I need a second nearfield audio system for music playback on a desk for a different house, relatively on a budget as the time spent there is 25% of the year. My main system is MiniDSP Flex/Kali In-5/SVS 1000 Pro based. A subwoofer for this other system will come later (probably an other 1000 Pro which I like for its form factor), so some decent bass extension would be great for now but maybe not once the sub added.

First option :
- Polk XT15 (spare speakers that I have but don't use)
- Buy an integrated amp with DAC and subwoofer output, something like an Loxjie A30 (< 300 €)

Second option :
- Buy a other pair of used Kali In-5 (found some for 450 €) or some new Kali LP-6 2nd Wave (400 €)
- Bring my MiniDSP Flex each time (not so convenient) or buy a new SMSL D-6 DAC (I lose the high pass filter but could do some room correction from PC) : 180 €

Thank you for your input

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No need for the MiniDSP Flex. Just use the MiniDSP 2x4 HD and hook it to some more Kali speakers and a sub when you get it. Or get Kali's sub and use it to manage the bass. I'd stay with the IN series. Price to performance there are no other three way coaxial speakers in this price range.

Top Bottom