• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me choose a UPS for my digital and analog system

smugdessert2013

Hello everyone, I need some advice in choosing a new UPS for my stereo system.

Currently, I have the following:

1. Integrated amp, Power rating: 2 x 120 W RMS @ 4Ohm
2. DAC with external switching PSU, 100 - 240 V AC, 2 A, 24 Watts
3. Preamp (line switcher), approximately 15 watts consumption
4. Reel-to-Reel, max. 90 watts

The reason I am using a UPS is that I am of course concerned about my equipment. In case of a power outage, I need about 1 minute to turn everything off to be sure. When I put my stereo system together, I ended up repurposing the one I had been using for my PC. It has 4 battery-protected plugs, and I will soon need 5 (in a few months 6).

My current UPS is this one, which has a simulated sine wave.

As you see, I have a mix of digital and analog sources, and I've heard that simulated sine wave UPS are not the best for audio equipment. As I said, the power source was something I overlooked when putting my system together, but now I want to also get this out of the way.

What UPS would you, recommend for my system? I don't have a fixed budget, but of course I'm not looking for something crazy expensive. I don't need an exact model, but I would like to know more about this, for eg. would a pure sine wave UPS will be better for me?

Thnak you!

JSmith

Master Contributor
choosing a new UPS
Welcome to ASR. :)

You may find these existing threads useful;

JSmith

Top Bottom