• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me choose a new amplifier

vrobec

I'm looking for a new amp for my vintage JBL 4311 (91dB) speakers. I have these speakers paired with Harman Kardon HK680 integrated but thinking about trying a new amp. The only important thing is getting a better sound and the best achievable sound for the money.
Reading reviews on internet I made the list of interesting amps. Which one could be the best solution between Exposure 2010S2, SMSL VMV A1 and Audiophonics MPA-S250NC? In case of choosing an power amp I can use the preamp in my DAC.

Thanks!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd just keep the amp because chances are low that a new amp will give you better sound quality. Better speakers is the way to go.

However if you insist on a new amp get a power amp with slightly more power than the speakers can handle, so they will not clip. Current class D power amps are the best choice in my view: lots of power for the price, energy efficient, cool running, transparent sound.

Top Bottom