• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help: Marantz NR1711 receiver shut down after 5 mins (not overheating)

pingpongplaya

Hi all,

My Marantz NR1711 often shuts down within 5 minutes of starting to stream Spotify or play music via one of the RCA inputs.
This is not due to overheating as the overheating indicator does not appear and the receiver is able to turn back on immediately and function normally thereafter.
This shutting down on its own never occurs when playing TV audio via the HDMI eARC input.
I did a factory reset and turned off all ECO modes but the issue persists.

Has anyone faced a similar issue and has advice on how to resolve? Thank you!

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Did you try to lower the input voltage (from DAC that you fead it or use another one) to it? It might be higher than he is able to handle. Does it happen only with one or all RCA inputs?

OP
P

pingpongplaya

Did you try to lower the input voltage (from DAC that you fead it or use another one) to it? It might be higher than he is able to handle. Does it happen only with one or all RCA inputs?
It happens even when using the in-built streamer for Spotify.

I switched RCA inputs and it still happens.

coppice

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have an NR1711, and a slightly different effect that might be related. I can play a blu-ray or a set top box through my NR1711 for hours, without a problem. When I feed audio from the TV, through eARC or an optical cable, to the NR1711 the NR1711 turns off every 30 minutes. I can immediately turn it back on when it turns off, and get another 30 minutes of operation before another shutdown. When it turns off there is no warning on the display, like an ECO timer shutdown gives you.

ftv

Darn, just when I narrowed my choice down to this model I find these posts! Anyone have similar problems with the NR1711 or other slim-line Marantz models and/or know what is causing this behavior? Maybe I'm better off sticking with a full size unit like the Integra 2.4.

bodhi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Darn, just when I narrowed my choice down to this model I find these posts! Anyone have similar problems with the NR1711 or other slim-line Marantz models and/or know what is causing this behavior? Maybe I'm better off sticking with a full size unit like the Integra 2.4.
The Marantz is old tech anyway and with budget Audyssey. Forget it, you'll thank yourself later.

Top Bottom