• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help! In need of AIO solution

slave

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have a few things I'm trying to do. I'm looking for a swiss-army knife here.
Firstly, and more importantly, I looking for something I can use with Studio monitors for mixing (yet to buy, probably Adam T7v or JBL 306) guitar based rock music, output from a laptop, preferably with headphone out to Senn HD600's.
Secondly, this whole setup would also be used for entertainment in my living room, for music, television etc. so a remote control function for volume is a must.
I already have a large interface for recording music to a laptop (my main work station for mixing), so I don't need an additional interface.

I'm looking at a few options, modest to middling budget. Favouring balanced outputs, so I'm looking at options like Topping EX5, but really looking for advice here as I'm not sure this ticks all the boxes.
Given my aims, where should I be looking? Help!
Thanks in advance

DeepFried

similar to the EX5?

Loxjie D40:

Sabaj A10d 2022

peterwen

Audio Company
The review of Loxjie D40 by Headfonics

dsnyder0cnn

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have a few things I'm trying to do. I'm looking for a swiss-army knife here.
Firstly, and more importantly, I looking for something I can use with Studio monitors for mixing (yet to buy, probably Adam T7v or JBL 306) guitar based rock music, output from a laptop, preferably with headphone out to Senn HD600's.
Secondly, this whole setup would also be used for entertainment in my living room, for music, television etc. so a remote control function for volume is a must.
I already have a large interface for recording music to a laptop (my main work station for mixing), so I don't need an additional interface.

I'm looking at a few options, modest to middling budget. Favouring balanced outputs, so I'm looking at options like Topping EX5, but really looking for advice here as I'm not sure this ticks all the boxes.
Given my aims, where should I be looking? Help!
Thanks in advance
The Topping DX3 Pro+ does all of that for $199…only missing the balanced outputs, but you may not miss them for this application.

OP
S

slave

Thanks for the input guys.
I went with Topping E50 & L50.
Cheers

AmalfiMan

Thanks for the input guys.
I went with Topping E50 & L50.
Cheers
How are those working out? I ended up with topping ex5 as it has Bluetooth and a remote. But no IN rca ports.

OP
S

slave

Excellent. No regrets. Using TV opt out, OR Laptop via USB (for mixing music in Reaper or any other audio) > Dac > Adam T7v.
Given my TV is fairly old, the optical out is fixed, so having the remote control (volume) for the DAC is a great QOL feature.

Top Bottom