• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help!!! I'm being spammed with snake oil by Audiogon!!

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL - They don't seem to want me to unsubscribe from their e-mail. I'll try again to escape!

In the meantime, I'll share the mind-bending audio psychodelia with my comrades here at ASR - a bit of sad idiocy to break the monotony of Covid sequestration. This presentation requires the assistance of my feline-approved crystal ball.

Cat Licking rotating crystal ball.gif

nmkhIIV6RQNd6P3m6I1Sjk9wOD5UsTICimlcObsV9oT.png

Built for audiophiles,
By audiophiles.

July Sale
25% off New Orchestral Series

Cables & Power Conditioners
The Orchestral line utilizes an increasingly powerful Helix design waveguide system and delivers many times the magnetic energy of the popular CT-2 series. These waveguides are in turn several times the size and weight of the CT-2. With this powerful waveguide, the Orchestral series delivers beyond what any traditional audio cable even hints at. It delivers accurate and fatigue-free audio with vastly improved clarity and musicality.​

Free MC-0.5 Helix+ Signature Power Conditioner w/Purchase
Take advantage of this sale on our new Orchestral Series product line and receive our MC-0.5 Helix+ Signature Power Conditioner (a $799 value) ABSOLUTELY FREE!

03HIEDJYt85uXWn062z016ui0vZYCASnEshElFZYRwe0.jpeg

Orchestral Helix Cables
01.jpg

Orchestral Double Helix Signature Cables
01.jpg

Orchestral Helix Power Conditioner

Orchestral Double Helix

Signature Power Conditioner

Magnetic Conduction
New to High Fidelity Cables?
Learn how their unique technology works

Unlike anything before, High Fidelity's cabling technology uses powerful arrays of magnets to preserve your audio signal and propel music through your system.

With Magnetic Conduction, the free electrons in the electromagnetic audio signal are so powerfully attracted to the guiding forces of the magnetic arrays that they are pulled to the extreme center of the conductor. The electrons are unable to break free from the magnetic pathway of the cables.

This means noise, distortion and external EMI are simply overpowered by the magnetic technology used within their products.

Watch the video below for a more in-depth explanation of the technology.

bennetng

Major Contributor
LOL - They don't seem to want me to unsubscribe from their e-mail. I'll try again to escape!

In the meantime, I'll share the mind-bending audio psychodelia with my comrades here at ASR - a bit of sad idiocy to break the monotony of Covid sequestration. This presentation requires the assistance of my feline-approved crystal ball.

View attachment 73125
Is it the same cat in your avatar?

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I never realized that strapping erotic toys to your audio cables improves the sound.
Interesting concept.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Somewhat related, has anyone here ever used their Bluebook to look up sales data, etc.?

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Depending on the email app you use, you might have the capability to block specific email addresses. For example, Outlook can do it. Gmail has a mute capability. But if you'd rather be entertained by Audiogon, whatever.

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Depending on the email app you use, you might have the capability to block specific email addresses. For example, Outlook can do it. Gmail has a mute capability. But if you'd rather be entertained by Audiogon, whatever.

I was being facetious - my "Unsubscribe from all" response to the email should work for ending the snake oil blather.

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

F1308

Major Contributor

First thing to do prior to subscribing is requesting a new email you will discard as soon as things get any wrong...
You will end up with as many email addresses as subscriptions you are engaged with, but it is a must.

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
First thing to do prior to subscribing is requesting a new email you will discard as soon as things get any wrong...
You will end up with as many email addresses as subscriptions you are engaged with, but it is a must.
Way too complicated.
There is no online service you can't unsub from and ultimately, most e-mail providers have spam filter functionality.
I just block spam on the provider side, so Thunderbird never even gets to see it.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At least, the "free with any purchase" part is probably not selling that well...

OP
Xulonn

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Way too complicated.
There is no online service you can't unsub from and ultimately, most e-mail providers have spam filter functionality.
I just block spam on the provider side, so Thunderbird never even gets to see it.

Spot on. I've used Thunderbird for many years as a Windows PC front end for my provider for the past 15 or so years - Gmail. Although I am careful with email usage, some of my correspondents over the years have not been so careful, which led to my email address being "outed" to spammers occasionally. But in spite of using the same email address for 15 years, I get very little spam these days and only check and empty my spam folder a couple of times per month.

I bought and sold audio hardware on Audiogon starting in the late 1990's and up until about 2010, but almost nothing in the past decade, and have received emails very rarely. This morning I received the ridiculous email that prompted me to start this thread - just for fun - but I'm actually confident that they will unsubscribe me as requested.

Although Audiogon caters to the silly expensive audiophiliac contingent, there is lots of good, solid gear is bought and sold via their website. I was able to buy, audition, enjoy, and then resell, many components over about a 10-year span. Buying used and reselling incurs little if any depreciation, and one can enjoy playing with audio hardware for not much more than the cost of shipping.

F1308

Major Contributor
Way too complicated.

Not talking about unsubscribing, but saying farewell to the email you were using...Passing away, so to speak.

Top Bottom