• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Help identifying Elac Sub 2050 service port

LarsS

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Since IOS 13 I’m not able to control my Elac Sub 2050 anymore. Setup of the sub is done thru iPad/iPhone Bluetooth connection. New Elac firmware is needed to enable IOS 13 Bluetooth connection.

Elac just released said firmware with update instructions. Instructions:

Disconnect the power cable and wait 5 minutes.
2. Unzip and Save the attached file ‘elacs12.hex’ to a root of a of usb flash drive.
3. Insert the thumb drive into the service port of the subwoofer.
4. Plug the subwoofer in.
5. The blue LED will go through a series of blinking on and off.
6. Once the LED turns off and stays off, unplug the device.
*note* if the LED turns on and stays on for longer than 5 minutes. It means the process failed, so restart at step 1.
7. Remove the thumb drive.
8. Wait another 5 minutes and turn the subwoofer back ON by plugging it back in.

The instructions seems to be wrong! The service port on the sub looks like below picture, not a USB port.

So, I need help in identifying the port.

1575715163600.jpeg

No USB flash drive is going to fit that jack. It looks like a proprietary design as you might find on some brands of digital camera. You'll need to contact ELAC to see if they offer an adapter or a referral to somewhere you can get one.