• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help! Hifiman he400se and Audient iD4 MKII USB-C

staticV3

Master Contributor
and according to what you say the dx3pro has 13% more volume than the fiio k5 pro?
according to measurements made by L7Audiolab:
ALL-THDN-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level.jpg
THDN-Ratio-vs-Measured-Level.jpg

When compiled, you get this graph:
Max output voltage at the knee vs impedance.png

At 24.75Ω, you get about 5.45Vrms for the Fiio and ~6.65Vrms for the Topping. That is a 1.72dB increase in volume, which equates to ~13% higher perceived loudness.

OP
S

shot4d

View attachment 186939
View attachment 186940

View attachment 186941

At 24.75Ω, you get about 5.45Vrms for the Fiio and ~6.65Vrms for the Topping. That is a 1.72dB increase in volume, which equates to ~13% higher perceived loudness.
That answer helps me, thanks.
but I have to look at the audio quality too, because I searched the internet for the fiio k5 pro vs the Topping and in some forums they say that one has better quality and the other has a more distorted sound etc...
anyway it's the only option I have because I don't know what other dac/amp I can find that has more power in volume for a price of 200 dollars on Amazon.
I will have to buy the Topping and test its power and audio quality.

OP
S

shot4d

View attachment 186939
View attachment 186940

View attachment 186941

I just realized that I have the fiio k5 pro but the ESS version which is the latest and here I found a comparison.
According to the table, the first version of the fiio k5 pro is 90 db sensitivity and the version of the fiio k5 pro ess is 96 db sensitive.
and what I have read is that the less sensitivity in db would give more power to the hifiman for being 91db of sensitivity.
I don't know, I'm not sure, open any difference? Or does the version that I have, which is the fiio k5 pro ess, have less power or more power in volume than the first version of the fiio k5 pro?

comparison of the fiio k5 pro and the fiio k5 pro ESS:
sensitivity Hifiman he400se:
3.jpg

staticV3

Master Contributor
According to the table, the first version of the fiio k5 pro is 90 db sensitivity and the version of the fiio k5 pro ess is 96 db sensitive.
That's the crosstalk. Has nothing to do with output power.

OP
S

shot4d

That's the crosstalk. Has nothing to do with output power.
hello friend sorry for bothering you so much but there is a problem, unfortunately the dx3 pro+ topping that you recommended is not available on amazon to send to Colombia only the dx3 pro LDAC topping remains
and that one has less power only 700mw at 32ohm and it has less gain in dB, therefore it would not give me the power that you told me before.

but i found another solution, i found this amp very cheap for 99 dollars, it's the xDuoo MT-602 and it has 1300w at 32ohm and +15dB, that should give me more power in volume than the fiio k5 pro from what i see,
The problem is that the xDuoo MT-602 is just an amplifier and it doesn't have a dac, and if I buy it I would only have a budget of 100 dollars to buy a DAC, so the idea would be to combine it with a good dac, can you recommend me a Dac with excellent sound quality? With a budget of 100 dollars on amazon but for shipping to Colombia?, to combine it with the xDuoo MT-602.
What do you think of my idea? I don't know what other solution to find.

staticV3

Master Contributor
hello friend sorry for bothering you so much but there is a problem, unfortunately the dx3 pro+ topping that you recommended is not available on amazon to send to Colombia only the dx3 pro LDAC topping remains
and that one has less power only 700mw at 32ohm and it has less gain in dB, therefore it would not give me the power that you told me before.

but i found another solution, i found this amp very cheap for 99 dollars, it's the xDuoo MT-602 and it has 1300w at 32ohm and +15dB, that should give me more power in volume than the fiio k5 pro from what i see,
The problem is that the xDuoo MT-602 is just an amplifier and it doesn't have a dac, and if I buy it I would only have a budget of 100 dollars to buy a DAC, so the idea would be to combine it with a good dac, can you recommend me a Dac with excellent sound quality? With a budget of 100 dollars on amazon but for shipping to Colombia?, to combine it with the xDuoo MT-602.
What do you think of my idea? I don't know what other solution to find.
The xDuoo MT-602 is not a good choice. See here: https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/xduoo-mt-602.php#gsc.tab=0
Load-dependent frequency response, poor Zout, poor crosstalk, literal distortion generator, and most important of all: at 24.5Ω load it manages a measly 4.07Vrms, which is a strong downgrade from your K5Pro.

OP
S

shot4d

So what other choice can I have?
Well as I told you before the "topping dx3 pro LDAC" is only available on amazon and the "topping dx3 pro+" is not available, so it would not have more power of 13% in volume than the k5 pro, as you mentioned before.
Do you have any other ideas friend?

luxonator

I just stumbled to this when I was trying to find information about the new ESS versions of K5 Pro and DX3 Pro+

This review/article states that
K5Pro ESS offers even more power and a proper 6.3mm HPO instead of the 3.5mm HPO of Topping. If you need more power, this may be a good replacement depending on your region.

So if I'm reading and understanding that correctly, the K5 Pro ESS would deliver more power than the ESS version of DX3 Pro+ (?)

staticV3

Master Contributor
I just stumbled to this when I was trying to find information about the new ESS versions of K5 Pro and DX3 Pro+

This review/article states that

So if I'm reading and understanding that correctly, the K5 Pro ESS would deliver more power than the ESS version of DX3 Pro+ (?)
Without distortion vs mW or distortion vs Vrms measurements across a range of loads, those words hold just about zero value.

luxonator

Without distortion vs mW or distortion vs Vrms measurements across a range of loads, those words hold just about zero value.
I see he already edited the review on that regard.

radhwen

Hello

I want to buy a good audio interface that has a lot of power in volume, because I had the fiio k5 pro and it gave good volume but not enough as I wanted, so I was researching in forums and found this image: https://ibb.co/TmM8r8w

Where it says that the Audient iD4 MKII is the one with more power and better sound quality, but in the forum it only explains that the iD4 MKII gives enough power for headphones above 600 ohms and the problem with the Hifiman he400se is not the ohms , if not the sensitivity that is 91dB, then I don't know if the iD4 MKII is the right one for my Hifiman he400se, I also saw in a forum that the Audient evo 4 has enough power for the Hifiman but I don't know if it's true and the iD4 MKII is more powerful and with better sound quality than the evo 4 as I see in the image table so logically it should give me a very powerful volume and excellent sound quality.

But as I said, I still don't know if it can work for my hifiman he400se or not.

I need an expert opinion.

this is the table where i mention iD4 MKII and other audio interfaces: https://ibb.co/TmM8r8w

and I also want an audio interface because I want to connect a microphone in the future but for me the most important thing is the sound quality for my Hifiman he400se and that it gives me more power in volume than the Fiio k5 pro.

These are the specifications of the Audient iD4 MKII: https://audient.com/products/audio-interfaces/id4/tech-specs/

Note: I know there are other very good dacs/amps but I don't have the budget for the money and they are not available on Amazon and as I said before I also want to connect a microphone in the future and can only buy the Audient iD4 MKII or the Audient EVO 4 because they are the only ones available on amazon and at a good price, but I don't know if they will work for my Hifiman as I mentioned before.
Hello im looking to buy fiio k5 pro ess or audient id mkii for my dt 770 pro 250ohm juts like you but im confusig can you please advice me while you have tested the fiio and i hope that you got the audient for a good clean advice ahahah so wich one should i get and why

Top Bottom