• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help getting different headsets working in Bluetooth bases.

Plungeintome

I have a set of Maxquall V4/V6 bases that connect to each other via Bluetooth. The headsets that come with them are horrible and uncomfortable. I have been trying other headsets with them however none work correctly. Sound comes through but the mic on all other headsets I've tried do not work. I've tried a Bluetooth adaptor and it didn't work either. Ive done research and found its because the adaptors aren't converting from line level to mic level. Would a male 3.5mm to female 2.5mm work and allow both sound and mic to work? I can provide links to specific products I have and have tried as well if that would help.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Seems to me like a pinout problem. You can use a multimeter to check the pinout of the original headset, then check whether the 3rd party headset is compatible.
Schiedsrichter-Arbitro-Headset-1PC-V4-Plus-1200M-Intercom-Volle-Duplex-Zwei-weg-Fu-ball-Coach-...png

The plug that goes into the base has four contacts. Two are for the earphone, two for the microphone. The earphone should have a resistance in the neighborhood of 10-100Ω, the microphone more like 500-2000Ω.
First measure the original headset and write down which contacts go where, then measure the aftermarket headset and see if the pinout matches.
If it doesn't, then you could snip off the audio plug and solder a new one into it, this time wit the right pinout. Or you could find an electronics repair shop to do it for you.

OP
P

Plungeintome

Seems to me like a pinout problem. You can use a multimeter to check the pinout of the original headset, then check whether the 3rd party headset is compatible.
View attachment 276035

The plug that goes into the base has four contacts. Two are for the earphone, two for the microphone. The earphone should have a resistance in the neighborhood of 10-100Ω, the microphone more like 500-2000Ω.
First measure the original headset and write down which contacts go where, then measure the aftermarket headset and see if the pinout matches.
If it doesn't, then you could snip off the audio plug and solder a new one into it, this time wit the right pinout. Or you could find an electronics repair shop to do it for you.
Could I do something similar to a 3.5mm Bluetooth adaptor so I could use a wireless earpiece?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I don't think you can connect a Bluetooth headphone adapter to the Maxquall.

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can. I did. Sound came through crystal clear just no mic again.
Ah, ok, my bad.
Sorry I don't know how to find a Bluetooth adapter that'll work with the Maxquall, apart from making sure that the adapter supports mic input.

I'd build a better headset that plugs in via Audio jack.

Top Bottom