• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help for new receiver for 3.1 Focal Aria 906

BluSmaug

Hello everybody,

I am on the market to upgrade from a 7 years old Yamaha RXV675 (90w stereo).

My speaker setup is 3.1 with two Focal Aria 906 with Aria CC 900 center speaker and a Focal Cub subwoofer. I will eventually upgrade to 5.1 with two focal dôme flax, and later again to 5.1.2 atmos.

I have narrowed my choice to two Marantz models : 6014 (110w stereo) and 7013 (125w stereo), but I can't decide between the two. The 6014 is 930€ and the 7013 is 1250€.

I have some questions :

- Will any of these two be enough to properly drive my speakers ? Will I hear a difference compared to my Yamaha ?

- Are the preamp quality of this models the same ? I plan to eventually add a power amp (Emotiva for example) to drive the front speakers, when i get to Dolby Atmos.

- I read the review of the denon x3500h, and it is quite scary. Can i expect the same level of distortion and poorly implemented dac on this two models ?

How do these measurements translate in real life on sound quality ?

I don't want to throw a thousand euros to get a subpar product.

Thank you very much !

Top Bottom