• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help EQing Senn HDXXX / Topping A30 Pro

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Two weeks ago I received my Topping A30 pro and instantly realized I needed better headphones (on a budget) I ended up buying the Senn HDXXX, balanced cable and adapter.

Overall I was happy with all my purchases but I find the Senn to be lacking bass, big bass, and loud bass.

My source is an iPad Lightening to USB, Topping D30 Pro balanced out to A30 Pro. I have no hiss or hum noise, at least that I can hear. The EQ built in to Apple Music pretty much sucks. I'm at a loss though on how I can EQ the headphones but not the output to my amp stack.

Ideas?

garbulky

Major Contributor
I use the garage kameleon eq to correct for the tone and then also a schiit Loki mini plus with a small increase in the low bass knob to give me extended and fuller low bass. The bass difference is especially more substantial and punchier to me.

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use the garage kameleon eq to correct for the tone and then also a schiit Loki mini plus with a small increase in the low bass knob to give me extended and fuller low bass. The bass difference is especially more substantial and punchier to me.
I don't see "garage kameleon eq" in the app store. I did find Garage Band same thing?

garbulky

Major Contributor
I don't see "garage kameleon eq" in the app store. I did find Garage Band same thing?
Oh no it's a hardware analog equalizer
It's designed by solderdude who is on this forum. I don't know if he's had a chance to design a custom module for the HD8XX but he has for the HD800 and HD800S. So you can contact him before purchase.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How about reframing the set up and use a different source that can do EQ? If you got a dirt cheap android phone or tab you could at least run wavelet to use the auto eq eq settings for the headphones. Can apple music run on a Pi? If so that would be a no brainer and use one of the builds that allows eq? Sure others can comment on that possibility

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom