• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JohnJCallanan

Hello all, I constantly hear high pitched buzzing and crackling through my headphones when using USB to connect PC to E30 to Schiit Asgard 3. I used to fix this by using optical, but my new motherboard does not have any sort of optical or coax out, only USB. This brings me back to the original problem: the usb is fuckin noisy as shit and topping dacs in their race to 0.000000000000001 SNR gimped galvanic isolation in their crap to reach their price point, leaving me with dogshit sound.

What can I do?

Balanced is out of the question as that's simply too expensive.

pma

Major Contributor
I use this

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just fixed the same problem with an E30 last night. Febsmart 2 port USB card located at the bottom slot on the computer away from the video card. I turned the power supply over to suck air in from the slots in the case and put 4 rubber doorstops on the bottom to raise it up.
The I plugged in a long enough Amazon basics USB cable, and used a USB extension cable for the power to run both from the Febsmart card. What really finished it was adding some ferrite emi filters to each end of the usb cables. Finally even at max volume on pause there's no hiss at all. This is on a heavily overclocked gaming system so it was the worst case scenario.

Top Bottom