• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help - Dirac Live 3/Roon/PC integration question

Manojrc

Dear All,

New to Dirac in particular and room correction/EQ in general. So please go light on my question. Bought a Roon subscription few months ago and loving it.
Now want to do PC based room correction using Dirac with Roon & I just activated the 14 days Dirac evaluation license. Now this is what I've:

1) Dirac Live 3 software for WIndows
2) Ryzen 7 Laptop & Windows OS
3) Roon subscription
4) UMIK-1 mic
5) RME ADI-2 FS DAC
6) Yamaha integrated amp
7) Full range, high sensiitve, wide band driver based floor standing speakers. The woofer part of the speaker is active. Speaker doesn't offer any bi-amping option. It has a built-in passive cross over and an active bass system. The picture of the speaker can be seen here ( https://www.stereophile.com/content...a-cartridge-yamamoto-amplifier-rethm-speakers).

Speaker spec can be found here. ( Search for 'Saadhana'). https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/rethm

Additional points :
8) No plan to add sub woofer(s) at this moment. May be later. So please don't recommend it !
9) Tried REW but failed to get the desired result may be because I did it wrongly. So please stick to Dirac solution !
10) No immediate plan to add any H/W solution. I may buy miniDSP SHD in the future, but that's not a concern at the moment for this solution
11) Room size is 20 ft x 14 ft x 9 ft

Now please help me to configure Dirac. If this is discussed already, please share the link.

Thanks..

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
1. Install DL Processor in stand-alone mode.
2. Run DL3 and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Come back if you have problems. ;)

OP
Manojrc

Manojrc

Thanks Kal. Just to check, I did a quick ( & dirty) measurement and created a filter ( Export filter??). Now I assume that this needs to be 'imported/added' in to Roon. Is that so?

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Thanks Kal. Just to check, I did a quick ( & dirty) measurement and created a filter ( Export filter??). Now I assume that this needs to be 'imported/added' in to Roon. Is that so?
No. Roon will not support DL3 filters nor will it run DL Processor as a plug-in. If you properly installed DL Processor as "StandAlone," it is now your default Roon output device, DLP should be outputting to your physical output device and the filter you generated should be in DLP already.

OP
Manojrc

Manojrc

Excellent. It works now !! Thank you. I could see 'Dirac' in Roon !! Created the foter and now everything works..
But for whatever the reason, the sound level of 'Dirac' ouput is way too low.
When I checked the 'Master Output' level on DL3 in 'Volume Calibration' stage, I see the default is set to -37.5db, eventhough the upper limit is -12.5db. No matter whatever the value higher than -37.5 db ( like -20.5 db ) I set, it goes back to the default -37.5 db. Could that be the reason for lower sound level of final output? Can we override this value. I tried changing this value in DLP, but DL3 still shows -37.5 db.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
While DLP is in use, go to the control panel and increase the gain to, say, -3dB or whatever your ears tell you is OK.

OP
Manojrc

Manojrc

Everything works fine, but noiced slight uncentered stereo image. Also DLP shows -1.2 db left gain & 0.1ms Right delay.

OP
Manojrc

Manojrc

Can we use stereo with dual subwoofers if I buy multi Chanel suite? In such case, how do I feed separate LF signals to subwoofers?( 2.2 configuration).
What I'm trying to do is to avoid buying a H/W like miniDSP SHD but expecting same functionality from a Dirac running PC and DACs ( I've an RME and Topping E30 DACs). Is there any solution?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Can we use stereo with dual subwoofers if I buy multi Chanel suite?
I am not certain but, I think, you can use the stereo version if/when it comes with DLBC. Ask Dirac.
In such case, how do I feed separate LF signals to subwoofers?( 2.2 configuration). What I'm trying to do is to avoid buying a H/W like miniDSP SHD but expecting same functionality from a Dirac running PC and DACs ( I've an RME and Topping E30 DACs). Is there any solution?
Do any of your endpoints (RME or Topping) support more than 2 channels?

Top Bottom