• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Help] Denon X3700H right Channel problem

Lifer

Forum Donor
Hello everyone,

My friend just purchased a pair of KEF R3 and a Denon X3700H. He also plan to order a power amp to go between.
In the meantime he connected the Denon to the KEFs. Something was off so he called me over to check.

Indeed, on the right channel impossible to hear any high frequencies. The mid and bass are there but not the highs.
So we checked that the two knobs on the back of the right speakers were turned fully (for single wiring vs bi-wired). And then connected the right speaker to the left channel and here the speaker worked perfectly.

So my guess is that there is a problem in the Denon on the right channel, but how can it be that only the highs are impacted ? Any ideas please ?? My friend is desperate
(FYI, we only tried bluetooth source)

Thank you in advance for your help !
Best regards

Golfx

Forum Donor
Are you using audio interconnects? I would hit factory reset and then download a firmware upgrade. That may fix your problem. Have you called denon?

amper42

Major Contributor
Here are some things to try.
1. Play a CD via a blu-ray or CD player. Does the same issue occur?
2. Try Pure Direct Mode. Does the same issue occur?

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If he is using banana plugs, most likely there is a loose connection. Has he tried swapping the left and right cables? Or it could be the interconnect cables as suggested.

Top Bottom